Firmware for Dahua NVR

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought two used Dahua NVR´s
One is a NVR4832 and the other is an NVR5832
Can someone tell me were to find Firmware for this two boxes?
I could not find any sources on the web. Here on ipcamtalk is a link to a website, but it is shut down.
In the picture that is data from the NVR4832, the other one i will get next week.

Attachments

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Why do you need firmware? are you having issues or something with the firmware they came with?

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Why do you need firmware? are you having issues or something with the firmware they came with?
Congratulations, that was message 7000!

I just want to bring them to the latest state. And to look to the revision history.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:) I'll hit jackpot in 776 more posts

if its not broken, then dont break it.. the revision history is minimal and hardly useful (along lines of: fixed an issue) and at this point you have nothing to gain and everything to loose..

there are no recovery options if an update fails for any reason, it'll be bricked.. firmware is typically available through your vendor, and if there smart they wont give you any files unless your actually having an issue.. if you bought it used 2nd hand, then just forget about it.

All my dozens of dahua devices are all running the firmware they came with at this point.. worked out of the box and that was that.

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok, this one is from 9 2015 and it works good. My cam´s are all talking ONVIF now to the NVR4832, but i might swap them out with Dahua´s.
I would like to buy IPC-HDW5231R-Z. Can you tell me if this cam´s sold by Empire Technology will work with my NVR?
Many thanks 4 your help!

Attachments

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah it'll work just fine
I will order the IPC-HDW5231R-Z and a IPC-HDW4231EM-AS. Can you tell me if i can change the lens on the second? I have some very good lenses on stock, i assume that they have M12 thread? Or what is the term "Mount Type Board-in" mean?

Thank you very mutch for the wisdom you are sharing with us! I appreciate it very mutch.
I learned a lot by buying, find out it is not good, selling and order different type.

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for that! I have modified several cameras without problems. I have brought some Foscams to new life, and in there are very good lenses, 6mm, F1.2! They are brilliant.
I will place my order after agreement with the reseller.

Deali

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@nayr; I just made firmware-upgrades to my 3 Dahua-NVR, yes, i bought another one, a NVR5216-8P.
All went smooth. On the NVR4832 there were 35 issues handeld. It supports now smartH.264 and one problem was fixed in which i was running in while i was testing the box, it will not boot up with a bad harddrive. That is gone now.
Now i am waiting for the Dahua cams which i ordered and then i have to make the decission what to keep.

Attachments