Firmware for NSC-274S-DMZ

kkeller20

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 6 NSC-274S-DMZ from Nelly's which I believe is the same as the DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS from Hikvision.

I was lead to believe that I could use the Hikvision US firmware on these cameras from reading around the interweb, however I cannot get version 5.4.5 fails to load and Nelly does not have that version available yet.

Is it untrue that US Hikvsion firmware will work in the equivalent Nelly's version?

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 6 NSC-274S-DMZ from Nelly's which I believe is the same as the DS-2CD2742FWD-IZS from Hikvision.

I was lead to believe that I could use the Hikvision US firmware on these cameras from reading around the interweb, however I cannot get version 5.4.5 fails to load and Nelly does not have that version available yet.

Is it untrue that US Hikvsion firmware will work in the equivalent Nelly's version?

Thanks.
Why do you need a firmware upgrade?

kkeller20

n3wb
Reaction score
So guessing Nelly's camera not not compatible with USA firmware then. Okay, lesson learned. Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So guessing Nelly's camera not not compatible with USA firmware then. Okay, lesson learned. Thanks
I have no idea ..Ask them...my point is don't use port forwarding and don't use services provided by a company owned by the Chinese government..Have you not read the threads discussing the vulnerabilities?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Also, for clarification they aren't disabling the service for people who have previously set up a hiddns account. If you've already set one up it will continue to work unless you upgrade to 5.4.5.

kkeller20

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I set up openvpn on my router and decide to go that route. Thanks again.