Firmware update DS-7716NI-E4

Reaction score
The whole firmware update seems confusing and I hope someone can explain this...

I have read the post on the serial number explanations and understand that WR in the serial means it a world wide version and not chinese. However, the NVR doesn't follow this like the cameras. I have "AARR" which is not explained.

I have looked into the Download Portal and found under the model number there are three series of NVR. The "I", "k" and "E" series. The firmware then has K41 and K51 in the package depending on which link of DS-77XXNI-XX selected.

Currently I am operating at v3.4.91 build 161220 which is only one off the latest at v3.4.92

Is there a simple understanding of the model number/serial number that will allow me to ascertain the correct firmware to download from Hikvsion.

thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The "I", "k" and "E" series. The firmware then has K41 and K51 in the package depending on which link of DS-77XXNI-XX selected.
These are 3 different model series with different hardware and different firmware.
If you've quoted your model number correctly, the associated firmware is here : DOWNLOAD PORTAL
Is there a simple understanding of the model number/serial number that will allow me to ascertain the correct firmware to download from Hikvsion.
You just need to look carefully at the descriptions for the different categories - the detail is there, in the suffices.

Reaction score
Thanks alastairstevenson. This is the same link I concluded but hesitant to upgrade after reading the serial number explanations.