Firmware update on NVR, Password changed?

itsRooted

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Legends!

ok i have a Hikvision DS7608NI-I2/8P updated to the latest firmware, now my password doesnt work, when i connect via hdmi the username is now in garbage and cant be changed.

so i downloaded the Hikvision TFT server tool, "not new to tft or ssh" and it kicked off ok, but then it basically goes into a loop.

upload_2017-5-28_10-54-58.png

it is still under warranty and bought from a distribution partner, so should i take it back or can someone assist in some options???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ok i have a Hikvision DS7608NI-I2/8P updated to the latest firmware, now my password doesnt work, when i connect via hdmi the username is now in garbage and cant be changed.
I have a recollection that others have had this same problem - and it can be got round I think by ignoring the garbage username and using the known password, maybe having to try down the list before find the one that works.
Not quite - check out this post :NVR V3.4.62 build160503 Multi-lingual Release
You mean you can't log back in? Are you seeing garbage characters for username in the pulldown menu to login? This happens when switching between USA ane Euro firmware (which both run on "Western Region" NVRs). What happens is that the Admin and User account database becomes corrupted (or in actuality is encrypted and stored in the NVR differently) when switching between certain firmwares. The fix is rather simple:

1. Get to where you can login from the NVR console and see the garbled junk characters as usernames. First try selecting the first garbled username and use a blank (null) password. Check to see if it logs you in with admin privileges by going to the configuration menu. If it doesn't then logout (you may need to reboot) and repeast the same procedure with the second garbled username and a blank password again. Repeat by going down one username in the pulldown each time until your in with admin rights.

2. Then go to the Maintenace menu and reset the box to factory defaults

However:
so i downloaded the Hikvision TFT server tool, "not new to tft or ssh" and it kicked off ok, but then it basically goes into a loop.
That's looping for some reason. Where did you get the digicap.dav firmware file? Maybe it's not for your NVR.

triumph202

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to mine but can't locate my original post. I ended up contacting the seller and getting the unlock file from them, the "wrong" firmware has since worked perfectly fine (I think it was Euro firmware I used on my Australian NVR?) I haven't tried upgrading to the "correct" Aussie firmware.

normel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Same here now. After installing another firmware, i cannot login anymore with the admin password. I am 100% sure it is the correct passw

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Same here now. After installing another firmware, i cannot login anymore with the admin password. I am 100% sure it is the correct passw

Downgrade with TFTP and putty, it will reset entire NVR/DVR to defaults. Thats how i reset devices when im off the work place.