Firmware Updates for DS-2CD2142FWD-IS

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 2 x DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras and this is the current firmware - see screenshot. This is an UK camera which I got directly from Amazon UK.

Is there any latest version out there that is stable? Both of them are connected to my Blue Iris.

Thanks,

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have 2 x DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cameras and this is the current firmware - see screenshot. This is an UK camera which I got directly from Amazon UK.

Is there any latest version out there that is stable? Both of them are connected to my Blue Iris.

Thanks,
Is there a reason you wish to upgrade? Buying from amazon uk does not mean its not china region...

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the cameras are working fine don't upgrade, you have one of the latest versions, unless you need some of the new features of the latest firmware stay with that version.
And be careful if you proceed with the upgrade because these cameras can be chinese region and will brick if you upgrade them. Besides you can't downgrade with the latest version.

tsutton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mainly because I wanted to ensure the cameras has the latest patch applied to ensure the cameras are secure due to the news going around about how they can be hijacked easily.

I have applied the update from http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html previously and it worked so very sure it's English version. But it still lists v5.3.6 and I have seen talks about 5.4.0 but could not find it, hence this question.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Mainly because I wanted to ensure the cameras has the latest patch applied to ensure the cameras are secure due to the news going around about how they can be hijacked easily.

I have applied the update from http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html previously and it worked so very sure it's English version. But it still lists v5.3.6 and I have seen talks about 5.4.0 but could not find it, hence this question.

Thanks.
You cannot ensure security by applying updates. You need to run vpn.. or dont expose the cameras directly to the internet.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
5.3.6 is where you need to be, DO NOT UPDATE yet until you read on THIS forum the latest update is fine and working without issue. we have all messed with updating and the general consensus is stay at 5.3.6

some people have mentioned Hik are about to release a new FW which is a fix for the latest FW which was a fix for the firmware before which was a..... get my drift , so stay as you are

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score

Hi,

I have the same camera also bought direct from Amazon. Thefirst thing I had done was to update the firmware. I updated it to V5.4.0 andthen straight to V5.4.1 which shows as only added to the site last week. I had done this before I had started to read the forums so Iam lucky that I have had no problems.
Here is the link to the updates.

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product%20Firmware/Front-ends/01--IPC/R6%20platform%20%282X22FWD%2C%202X42FWD%2C%202X52%29/

The 2 files I used were.

BaselineFirmware_IPC_R6 series_En_V5.4.0 160401 Unable to degrade(1.3MP, 2MP, 4MP, 5MP)

BaselineFirmware_IPC_R6 series_En_V5.4.1 160525(1.3MP, 2MP, 4MP, 5MP)

fin301

n3wb
Reaction score
After reading the forums most of the problems folk are having with the new firmware I haven't tried yet so can't comment on them.