Firmware Updates for NVR and Cameras

Itay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I own 6 dome cameras and an NVR (no ports on the NVR, cameras works via POE switch) with the following firmware:
* Cameras - DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS with:
* FW: V5.4.3 build 160902
* Encoding FW: V7.3 build 160829
* Web Version: V4.0.1 build 160405

* NVR: DS-7616NI-I2 with installed
* FW: V3.4.95 build 170626
* Encoding FW: V5.0 build 170412
* Web Version: V4.0.1 build 170124

I want to update the firmwares to be more updated, where do i need to download the official HIK firmwares for my cameras and NVR? there is something to know before?

Thanks !
Itay

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

You will find the firmware here. Make sure that you get the firmware to match your model and that you do not have Chinese region cameras. In the serial number you should see either RR or WR for non Chinese region.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Personally, I suggest not updating simply because it's newer.

Research.

Does the firmware specifically address an issue you are having? Does it address a security flaw your system is subject to?

If none of the above, think twice, IMO.

Itay

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR S/N got an "RR", and the cameras got "WR" - so i guess its safe to update.

Currently and AFAIK, I don't have a specific issue with the cameras or NVR, on the other hand i didn't tried to set or use its abilities yet, things like line crossing, notifications, etc. so might be updates in those areas as well (the FW i have is old after all).
I do have a strange issue with the cameras Audio out (maybe a FW update will fix it?) - I connected a passive microphone (its for Hik cameras) to the Audio IN green pigtail block and from the Audio Out i pulled a cable to an amplifier which is connected to speakers and I can't hear the sound out of the speakers, when i go to the iOS app (VMS-4500) and press the mic icon i can hear the sound from the iPhone but not from the speakers.
Maybe you know what might be the problem?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't know any details of those products. It was just a general opinion about firmware updates.