Firmware upgrade due to constant reboots "reboot mark: abort"

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several PTZ IP cameras I purchased from Carl (Net cam critic) a couple years back. Two keep rebooting and it's been worked around up till now but become a real problem recently. I have been digging into the issue for quite some time and come to the conclusion it's firmware. Log says "reboot mark: abort".

I am 100% confident it's not power or net related. I have tried packet captures, nothing. The cameras are on a private network can't can't talk out to the Internet but I explored that and nothing. It's only these two cameras although the other cameras have done it a couple times, nothing like these constantly.

And so I've been looking for firmware. The cameras are Dahua DahuaWiki

Although the GUI doesn't say Dahua. Makes me wonder if it's some sort of after market. I found a new firmware for them but am concerned I may brick the camera. Thoughts?

They are currently running:

• Software Version
  • 2.210.0000.8.R, build : 2014-01-08
  • WEB Version
  • PTZ Version
  • 2.00.11.RHNPEJ
  • S/N
  • PZB4EN353W00008

And the new firmware is DH_SD-Mao-Themis_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.400.0001.0.R.20160816.zip

I found this firmware from the dahua product page.

My concern is that these may not be genuine and I will brick the cameras. I'm almost at the point of trying it anyway. thoughts?

Attached is an image from the sticker on the camera box with part number and such. 20200607_090639.png

thank you much

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lots of times this is the result of cable problems. Did you make the cables yourself?
Did you use pure copper cable and not copper clad aluminum?
How did you waterproof the outdoor connections?
Take the cameras down and test with a short factory made good quality cable on the bench.
You may want to try a different POE switch as well, they do go bad.
Study this: Cliff Notes

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I've done end to end cable testing. It's good. tested with a constant ping - also good, up till it's not :D Also there is conduit keeping the cable secure end to end. The camera is mounted to a weather proof box. It's all pretty clean and dry.

These cameras have their own 48V power, which is also clean.

I read in another thread on a different page about someone having a similar issue and dahua gave them a firmware update which made it go away. Thus my idea with the firmware upgrade. But will it brick the camera? It sayyys it's dahua and the model # lines up but the GUI doesn't say Dahua.

thank you

BarrySDCA

n3wb
Reaction score
I went back to the site and really was out of options. There were two spare power supplies and so I figured why not. I went ahead and changed them (camera has separate power, not PoE). It's been solid so far, definitely improved.

I tested the former PS and it's showing solid too. So not sure what to say but something seems to have worked.

I'm glad I didnt' risk bricking the camera now.

thank you for responding