First time buyer

IBSlingin

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
This will be my first security system and was hoping for some feedback. I feel that for my needs, a four camera/4ch NVR will suffice. Im looking into (4) NSC-204-BT and the NSN-604-4P NVR. Would you guys recommend upgrading to an 8ch NVR in the event I might want to add another camera(s)?
Trying to keep my budget around 1K including the cable.
Thanks

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the cameras are in total darkness plan on adding light because the night vision sucks on those cameras.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends. Outdoor then you're better sticking to 4mm in general but it's so specific it's hard to give advice like that.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Welcome.

Need a little more info, are u putting them inside or out? What kind of areas do you want to cover. I recommend 4mm or larger for better picture but also the 8 channel so you can always add more. Once you add them you'll start to realize you want more areas covered.

IBSlingin

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. They will be outside. I would like to cover the driveway, front door, and the rear of my house. Sorry if Im still being too vague, but Im new to this. From the responses, looks like Im better off with an 8ch NVR. The one Im looking at holds two HD's. If I want to record 24/7 at max resolution, will two 3TB HD's be enough?

IBSlingin

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I would like to keep it for at least a week. I forgot to mention I would be recording with at least 4 maybe 5 camera's for now.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Two 3TB drives should be plenty of storage for 4-5 cameras, even on full time recording @ 4MP you'll more than likely get a lot more than a weeks recording.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Two 3TB drives should be plenty of storage for 4-5 cameras, even on full time recording @ 4MP you'll more than likely get a lot more than a weeks recording.
This.

I have six, 4MP all running 24/7 with different FPS and bitrates and I'm getting about 11 days on my 4TB WD Purple HDD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score