First time camera user, IPC-T2431T-AS initial questions

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I just received my first camera from Andy's Amazon store. As a newbie, this is my first camera. I haven't bought BI but will buy it after receiving all the cable & plugs and making a fresh win10 installation for my computer .

I just wanted to make a quick test for the new camera, but my issue is, I can't open web live view(with user name and password) after initializing the camera by following the instruction. I used IE, Chrome, Pale Moon with no result.

My question is: Can I see the live view without BI and new system? Do I need to update the firmware before doing anything?

Here is basic setup, Im using my current computer with a win10 system that I have been using for over 3 years. I bought a new NIC for it, one cat5e cable from router(Asus RT-AC87U) to computer and an other cat5e cable from computer to POE switch(AUMOX SG308P). The camera is powered by this POE switch. After initializing the camera, I changed the IP address by selecting DHCP and an IP was assigned to it. I tried to open the live view page by entering the ip address but it can't open anything. I previously thought maybe it was because I was using ExpressVPN(I flashed my router with ExpressVPN firmware), but after turning off my computer and camera's VPN or even disconnecting my router's VPN, I still got the same result. So maybe it is not the VPN's problem.

Please let me know if you know which part is wrong or what I should do, any input is appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think you'd have to make the cameras IP's static. Because your camera POE switch below the second NIC, there is no DHCP server (like your router) to assign the IP addresses to the camera.

Bit more info about setting it up here:

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you'd have to make the cameras IP's static. Because your camera POE switch below the second NIC, there is no DHCP server (like your router) to assign the IP addresses to the camera.

That makes sense, I will change it to static and make update here.

That link is very helpful, thank you!;)

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score

I changed it to static ip, initially an error came out saying password error, then I followed your link changing my NIC2's ip, then another error came out, please see below pics, it seems I have a really long way to run:banghead:

Attachments

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or factory reset the camera to start again, connect it to a single PC with a static IP address and a 12v power source, to remove complications while you are trying to get the initial configuration done?

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the camera NIC on the BI machine?

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
What is the IP address of the camera NIC on the BI machine?
I setup the NIC ip to 192.168.200.1 based on the link you sent to me, and was trying to set camera ip to 192.168.200.x, but it will not allow me to change. The 192.168.132.x is my main router's IPs, before changing my NIC ip, I intended to use that ip but it said password error.

I haven't installed the BI since I will have to do a fresh installation of windows, I used my current system setup and wanted to do a simple test, but currently I can't even see the live view:facepalm:

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
or factory reset the camera to start again, connect it to a single PC with a static IP address and a 12v power source, to remove complications while you are trying to get the initial configuration done?
Yeah reset is my next step if I still can't find the solution, when you say "single PC with a static IP address", do you mean I need to unplug the cable between router and computer?

I currently don't have a separate 12v power source, but that is a good suggestion in case my poe switch is not functioning well;)

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
I would use wireshark to see what is happening
I used wireshark and get a lot of messages asking "who is 192.168.132.1? ", 192.168.132.1 is my router's ip address and it seems that my camera's ip(192.168.132.125) doesn't know who it is. So I think my issue should be ip address assignment or setup, but as a newbie I have very limited knowledge about this and I can't even change my camera's ip(I got error):eek:

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah reset is my next step if I still can't find the solution, when you say "single PC with a static IP address", do you mean I need to unplug the cable between router and computer?

I currently don't have a separate 12v power source, but that is a good suggestion in case my poe switch is not functioning well;)
To make it simple, if you have just a single PC cabled directly to the camera (no POE switch, no router), give the PC NIC a static IP address on the same subnet you suspect the camera is on (but not the same IP address as the camera), use a temporary 12v power supply for the camera (the DC supply from your router might fit the camera DC socket?), you may have more success establishing the initial GUI connectivity to the camera, then you can go back to the normal network setup knowing the confirmed IP address of the camera and let BI detect that IP address and set up the camera using ONVIF.

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
To make it simple, if you have just a single PC cabled directly to the camera (no POE switch, no router), give the PC NIC a static IP address on the same subnet you suspect the camera is on (but not the same IP address as the camera), use a temporary 12v power supply for the camera (the DC supply from your router might fit the camera DC socket?), you may have more success establishing the initial GUI connectivity to the camera, then you can go back to the normal network setup knowing the confirmed IP address of the camera and let BI detect that IP address and set up the camera using ONVIF.
I was looking at the cliff note and made some changes. I reset my camera and changed NIC1(on board)'s ip address to 192.168.1.100, I can see the web page with user name and password, after changing the password and some initial settings, I can see the live view, that was great! I changed camera ip to 192.168.x.50 and gateway to 192.168.x.99, then I restarted the camera.

I changed NIC1's ip back to auto obtain ip as before, and changed my NIC2's ip to 192.168.x.3 with same subnet mask, I input the camera's ip(192.168.x.50) and can still see the web page with name and password, when I tried to login with the same password that I just changed two minutes ago, the login failed due to wrong password, I tried 4 time and still got the same result. Well, now another problem come out, that's great!:lmao:

Once I changed the password, it should be set, I should be able to login with it, right? Do you know which part is wrong?

b0bthebuilder

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have not encountered this before sorry (I change all my passwords to the same one and they stay there)

AnsonQ

n3wb
Reaction score
I reset the camera again and this time I didn't change NIC1's setting, instead, I changed NIC2's ip setting, when restarting the camera and setting NIC2's ip to match the camera's ip, this time I can login with the password I just changed.

I don't know what I did was secure enough or not(without changing NIC1)?