First time install

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay this was my first time installing cameras outside. The cameras are hikvision 2342 the garage cam is a 4mp 4mm, and the porch cam is a 4mp 2.8mm . Also you can see on the porch camera that it is hanging off and edge little bit, i hope that it wont be a problem with water or snow, any suggestion? should i fill it with something or put something on top it so nothing gets in? I can post more pics soon im still playing with settings. But so far they look pretty good.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'd finish plugging it with silicone and probably cover the exposed bits of that indoor cat5 cable with it too. Seems like it's under cover and shaded there though so it'll probably last at lot longer than some would think.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'd finish plugging it with silicone and probably cover the exposed bits of that indoor cat5 cable with it too. Seems like it's under cover and shaded there though so it'll probably last at lot longer than some would think.

It's under the eave I'm only worried about blowing rain and snow which we get here. And I used cat6 only cuz it was the same price .Anyhow I'm sure I'll fill it with something you can't see it standing on the porch. So the install looks good. Thanks for the post

Last edited:

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why not mount it to a board that's wide enough to cover the exposed area. In this case, I'd use a piece of PVC trim as opposed to wood. A circular mounting board would look better than a square one, IMO.

Ryan00

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why not mount it to a board that's wide enough to cover the exposed area. In this case, I'd use a piece of PVC trim as opposed to wood. A circular mounting board would look better than a square one, IMO.
I can understand what your saying and that was my first thought , but it wouldn't look as nice. When your standing on the porch area you can't tell at all. This cam is ip66 so its waterproof I'm sure it will be fine.