First Zoom cam with zoom problems in BI

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score
I used BI for several years with standard 3mp Dahua cameras, both bullet and dome, without issue.

Decided to upgrade at our new house, and now have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 overlooking the driveway. My problem is in Blue Iris, when I zoom in, it zooms *all* the way in. I can't stop it partway. Same with zooming out. I tried double tapping, hitting the other button, no dice. This works the same in both the desktop app and in the iOS app. I've done searches in the forum without luck.

Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I used BI for several years with standard 3mp Dahua cameras, both bullet and dome, without issue.

Decided to upgrade at our new house, and now have a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 overlooking the driveway. My problem is in Blue Iris, when I zoom in, it zooms *all* the way in. I can't stop it partway. Same with zooming out. I tried double tapping, hitting the other button, no dice. This works the same in both the desktop app and in the iOS app. I've done searches in the forum without luck.

Thoughts?
set it via the web interface...its not intended to be used on the fly..

Tom Lorek

n3wb
Reaction score
Interesting. Would’ve thought zoom for a zoom only camera was available on the fly like ptz for a ptz camera.

Thanks for the info. I was really stumped.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting. Would’ve thought zoom for a zoom only camera was available on the fly like ptz for a ptz camera.

Thanks for the info. I was really stumped.
its not a zoom camera, its a motorized varifocal...that is why the camera does not hold presets.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one of these (the Z5 model) on its way. Where is the web interface for setting the zoom? Is that in BI or in the vendor's camera firmware settings?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one of these (the Z5 model) on its way. Where is the web interface for setting the zoom? Is that in BI or in the vendor's camera firmware settings?
the web interface by definition is in the camera via web browser