Five Second Alarms

Adam-

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, recent BlueIris user here. Been watching these forums for a while and finally got Blueiris and cameras setup. I've got some weird issues that am looking to hopefully get help on. In both the iOS BlueIris App, Web Application UI and the application alarms will trigger but the video will only five seconds of the alarm. I have doing both Trigger and continuous recording. I've watched several videos for configuring and turning the triggers and when I enable shadows its picking up the object correctly and stopping correctly in live view. However alarms still don't show the full video. If I go find the alarm video manually in the folder and watch it its a full video, so maybe a playback issue? Here is my setup:

CPU: i7-4710HQ - Average 30%
Memory: 16GB - Average 21%
Storage: SSD for New (24 hours) - Average 1%
SSD for Alarms (Size limited to 1 GB or 7 days)
ISCSI after 24 hours.
Cameras: 9

I've gone though the BlueIris Optimization Guides and Wiki several times and still having issues. I have a mix of Dahua and Ubiquiti cameras. All cameras are behaving the same. When I had Direct-to-disk enabled, I was experiencing horrible ghosting to the point where the object should show up in the frame 4 seconds after triggered. When I went to re-encoding triggering was much better. However the five second alarms still happen with direct-to-disk or re-encoding. Besides this setting everything else is set per the recommendation. I've got iframe setup to match my FPS for the Dahua cameras. Unfortunately Ubiquiti cameras dont let me set the iFrames. In Blueiris I have my FPS about 2 fps higher than my dahua and Ubiquiti camera FPS. So for my cameras i'm using 15 FPS and BlueIris at 17 FPS.

Thanks Everyone!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, recent BlueIris user here. Been watching these forums for a while and finally got Blueiris and cameras setup. I've got some weird issues that am looking to hopefully get help on. In both the iOS BlueIris App, Web Application UI and the application alarms will trigger but the video will only five seconds of the alarm. I have doing both Trigger and continuous recording. I've watched several videos for configuring and turning the triggers and when I enable shadows its picking up the object correctly and stopping correctly in live view. However alarms still don't show the full video. If I go find the alarm video manually in the folder and watch it its a full video, so maybe a playback issue? Here is my setup:

CPU: i7-4710HQ - Average 30%
Memory: 16GB - Average 21%
Storage: SSD for New (24 hours) - Average 1%
SSD for Alarms (Size limited to 1 GB or 7 days)
ISCSI after 24 hours.
Cameras: 9

I've gone though the BlueIris Optimization Guides and Wiki several times and still having issues. I have a mix of Dahua and Ubiquiti cameras. All cameras are behaving the same. When I had Direct-to-disk enabled, I was experiencing horrible ghosting to the point where the object should show up in the frame 4 seconds after triggered. When I went to re-encoding triggering was much better. However the five second alarms still happen with direct-to-disk or re-encoding. Besides this setting everything else is set per the recommendation. I've got iframe setup to match my FPS for the Dahua cameras. Unfortunately Ubiquiti cameras dont let me set the iFrames. In Blueiris I have my FPS about 2 fps higher than my dahua and Ubiquiti camera FPS. So for my cameras i'm using 15 FPS and BlueIris at 17 FPS.

Thanks Everyone!
if your record tab is set to "triggered+continuous" that is your problem...it should be set to either or..Lengthen your pretrigger video and break time.
match the cameras iframe interval to the fps.

Adam-

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick response, thanks Fenderman. Right now, each camera's record tab is setup like this:
Trigger + Continuous
Pre-Trigger Video Buffer: 5 seconds

So do you recommend setting up a continuous recording profile and then a trigger profile?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick response, thanks Fenderman. Right now, each camera's record tab is setup like this:
Trigger + Continuous
Pre-Trigger Video Buffer: 5 seconds

So do you recommend setting up a continuous recording profile and then a trigger profile?
no, setup continuous (triggered + continuous is not what you want). It will still store and alert for triggers.
ensure you match the iframe intervals to fps in the camera setup...blue iris only begins recording on a new iframe when using direct to disk.

Adam-

n3wb
Reaction score
Roger that, i'll test this tonight and respond back with my results. Thanks again.