Fix Scratched Lens

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I-4MM with a lightly scratched lens. Someone tried to remove a spider web with a stick. It's not too bad during the day but at night the IR lights them up terribly. Are there any products to remove scratches that work? Can you buy a replacement lens? I remember reading that some users had replaced the 4mm lens with 25mm.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure it's not just residue from the stick that would clean off with lense cleaner? Just guessing here.

rdagger

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't tell if there is lens cover.
Can you recommend a good cleaner?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The end of the lens itself couldn't be scratched with a stick. There's a glass plate in the housing that protects the lens and internals while letting out the IR from the LEDs and lets in the light to go in the lens. I'd try cleaning with a soft cloth (old tshirt works fine) and rubbing alcohol or water and some vinegar. A stick won't scratch glass unless there's something embedded in it, like sand. A stick will smudge glass quite easily though, especially if it was green and had some sap left in it. I bet a good cleaning will help.