Flashing background/mask on UI3 screen

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Recently, unknown to me as when this started, two of my cams which have text overlays and/or masking, started "flashing" on/off as seen in the attached video.
I noticed it one day when I was adding a facebook livestream to one of the two cameras (since disabled) but I honestly can't see how that could have initiated it.
The flashing only happens in the UI3 screen, not on the console screen. When you full screen the camera, the flashing does not occur, only in the multiple window layout.
Loaded UI3 screen on any other laptop/desktop in the house, exhibits same behavior.
I've totally removed BI5 (registry entries included) and re-installed it on the host computer it runs on, no change.
Rebooted the computer and powered off/on, no change.
I installed a demo copy of BI on another computer, added the two cameras and loaded the UI3 for that install, and no flashing.
This would indicate something is going on with my host computer but nothing was done to my knowledge for many weeks now (no new software/changes).
Anyone have any thoughts?
PS, I emailed BI support 3 times but got no response (even automated) and I am paid up on subscription, so that's why I'm reaching out here.

Attachments

Reaction score
Using the demo version probably is not a good test as some options are not live in the demo version.

I noticed that there are 99 errors flagged in the log file (99 in upper right corner of your display).
1624209918517.png

What do they say?

What version are you on? Are you taking the latest version or are you only taking the stable version? You might try to revert back to 5.4.5.3 and see if this still happens.

Maybe @bp2008 could have some insight.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Using the demo version probably is not a good test as some options are not live in the demo version.

I noticed that there are 99 errors flagged in the log file (99 in upper right corner of your display. What do they say?

What version are you on? Are you taking the latest version or are you only taking the stable version? You might try to revert back to 5.4.5.3 and see if this still happens.

Maybe @bp2008 could have some insight.
I meant put version number info, here it is:
Current version is 5.4.7.11 (most current stable version), however I did try to upgrade to a current version 2 days ago, which didn't make a difference so I reverted back to 5.4.7.11
Those 99 notifications are normal notifications I usually expect to see. I looked through them all and there didn't appear to be anything in the way of a real error that seems to be connected to this.
Another oddity. When I have the console up on my BI server and click on the cam window (not even opening it, just highlighting it) the cam window on the UI doesn't flash at all. Does this for both cameras. Odd.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK, I fixed this with the sledgehammer approach. I back up each camera registry and had a backup from a couple of months ago. I restored (imported) both camera registry files and whallah, both are behaving like they should.
Still no clue on why this started in the first place but at least it's working now. Thanks for the suggestions.

marklyn

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks like a timing issue where Blue Iris fails to correctly synchronize adding the overlays and encoding frames for the web stream. I would have suggested reorganizing the cameras in the console as this would affect the timing in random ways.
Thanks, if it happens again I will be sure to try that.

Reaction score
I have now the same with flickering overlays when showing all cameras in live view.
No problem when selecting a single camera, and no problem in timeline.

Rearranging cameras did not help.
This is a fresh installation with the latest release (5.5.7.6 ).