Flir/Lorex FXC Compatability

ty8

n3wb
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has gotten the Flir/Lorex FXC cameras to work with BI? When I connect via RTSP through VLC, it prompts for credentials but nothing seems to work. The camera requires you to set a password upon initial setup, but there's no username involved. I reached out to Lorex support and they said this camera is not compatible via RTSP. I find that odd since I receive a credential prompt. I'm guessing this is their way to force customers to pay for their cloud. I'm hoping maybe someone has found a way around this or possibly figured out their RTSP credentials. Any help is appreciated!

wizaro

n3wb
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has gotten the Flir/Lorex FXC cameras to work with BI? When I connect via RTSP through VLC, it prompts for credentials but nothing seems to work. The camera requires you to set a password upon initial setup, but there's no username involved. I reached out to Lorex support and they said this camera is not compatible via RTSP. I find that odd since I receive a credential prompt. I'm guessing this is their way to force customers to pay for their cloud. I'm hoping maybe someone has found a way around this or possibly figured out their RTSP credentials. Any help is appreciated!
It is not documented anywhere but for FXC cameras you can try rtsp://root:<password>@<ip-address>:554/stream1