focus and zoom

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the the hwf 5231 z12e as my lpr, during the night its set at 1100 zoom and 1180 focus Great Pics). For daytime I set the zoom at 920 (more field of view ) and focus 1600. When the daytime schedule kicks in it keeps the night time zoom and auto focus to 1460. My question is will my camera allow for different focus and zoom setting for day and night time schedule or is it just zoom that will change with the schedule. thanks again for the help. my reasoning for a bigger field of view during the daytime is I am able to see the full vehicle and driver. Should I just keep it as the lpr only and not be greedy with my daytime settings

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you use the utility posted in the forum (sunrise sunset utility) you can set a daytime and nighttime focus and zoom.

If you use the schedule in the camera it will not work for LPR due to the focus issues at night

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thanks I will research the sunrise/sunset utility.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
If you use the utility posted in the forum (sunrise sunset utility) you can set a daytime and nighttime focus and zoom.

If you use the schedule in the camera it will not work for LPR due to the focus issues at night
Keeping the Z12 at B&W all the time will result in no need for the sunrise-sunset utility, though?

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think the b and w full time is the best option for me thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
With that said, if you have different zoom for day and night, you would still need the utility to set the focus