focus zoom settings -HFW5241E-Z12E

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
when setting the day and night schedule for this camera I noticed the day time picture is very clear and when the night time schedule kicks in the focus is blurred. when setting the day parameters will the focus and zoom be the same for the night or can they be set separately while in each day night conditions settings. my day time settings are color and night time is b/w hcl, WB manual 1/2000, gain 40/60 focus zoom manual day time zoom 1020 focus 1460 approx 115 feet to target zone

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They can absolutely be different. One of my LPR cams focus number is 20 different between day and night. As I said in your other thread, at night you need to have a car stop in the field of view and get the night focus.

trapper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok its me again, last night I set up the day and night camera settings and scheduling the first one I did was the night time zoom was at 1180 and focus was 600. this produce a very good quality night License capture. when the camera switched to day mode at 500 am the camera was out of focus . an adjustment to 560 made the picture perfect. I have not been able to set two different focus one day and one night. I previously tried setting the focus in the day made which caused the night mode to be out of focus.. Any direction on how to set the day and night mode where individually would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are running a day and night profile with the focus on manual and not auto?

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Would you consider using the DahuaSunriseSunset utility, if you are running Windows?