For the gurus

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I know, and use, the "trick" to have BI create and use directories for the recordings of each camera. I've looked in the help file and can't find a way to get alerts to be saved in the same way, a directory for each camera. Any ideas? Since the number of alerts has grown, dramatically, since sub streams came along with DeepStack (.dat files), I've got way too many files in the alerts directory to be anything close to conveniently manageable. I know, use the timeline, but I find it more convenient to be able to search by camera name when using the .dat files for trouble shooting purposes.

kklee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When I set up New recordings to use dated directories, the Alerts automatically did the same thing. New and Alerts use separate parent directories on the same drive. I could not find anything to explain why the Alerts did this too since I also couldn't find a specific setting that would do this. However, I've got a bit of an issue with it in that random recordings/alerts end up in the parent directory. I haven't been able to figure out why it's doing this.

Here's how mine's configured (here's the string: %Y%m%d\&CAM.%Y%m%d_%H%M%S):
1626547204697.png