Forum attachments fail to load

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190719-200401_Adobe Acrobat.jpg So I'm signed in currently on android smartphone reading forum. I have a PC but don't sit in front of it 24/7. PDF attachments don't load at all on this website on my smartphone, elsewhere works fine though.

For example the attachment in this post:
20190627 New catalog

Comes up as:
https://ipcamtalk.com/attachments/ip-product-20190627-pdf.44301/

When try to load it or fix url, I get an error. It tries to load it as PDF but fails & can't save to phone as that doesn't come up as an option. PDF docs load ok from elsewhere just not here.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Both loaded fine on my PC. Both open in my iPhone with Safari, iBooks opens the PDFs.

I don't sit in front of my PC 24/7 either but I can't do anything productive on my phone so when I feel like I want to accomplish anything worthwhile I sit down in front of it. It has a big screen, a big keyboard, a mouse, images render well and no one is tapping me on the shoulder or hollering in my ear so I can think....but that's just me, that's my preference. At 70, I try to stack the odds in my favor to counteract sensory degradation and loss of manual dexterity.

To each their own, I say. :cool:

EDIT: FWIW, I also take a supplement to help improve my memory but...you guessed it....I keep forgetting to take them.

Last edited: