Forward call from door bell station to Ip Phone

teukuridho

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I'm planning to get a hikvision indoor station and a door phone station. I don't have any experiences with them but I think I know their basic functionally.

My client needs when a call button is pressed on the door phone station, it will call the indoor station, but if the indoor station doesn't answer in 3 minutes, the call will be forwarded to IP Phone of Asterisk/any IP PABX, is this possible to do and has anyone done this before?

Also does Hikvision provide API/SDK to interact with the station, like to unlock locks, get video and audio stream etc..

Thanks

tedrpi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this working but you need a doorbell that supports SIP and video SIP. Not sure if Hikvison supports SIP, when I looked a couple years ago the only devices that support SIP were the DoorBird products. The DoorBird devices also have ping outs for gates, locks, alarms, etc. The DoorBird devices are good for specfic applciaitons like yours but expensive and offer poor video quality compared to the newer consumer doorbell devices (e.g Reolink).

There's guidance here on how you setup the DoorBird devices to talk to an Asterix server and phones.

I was able to also get video working using compatible phones stations.

NoFate

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have a look at my project i created for Hikvsiion based on SDK, its used for Home Assistant, but can also run as standalone, to grab events, open door

Also an option to register Asterisk as an indoor extension, instead of setting up SIP on the devices itself:

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a cool idea - 3 minutes seems like an incredibly long time. I personally would wait at no door for 3 minutes and your customer is likely going to get a lot of calls where the doorbell ringer has already left