Foscam 9821 No Audio

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have audio using the foscam desktop app, I have audio using IOS app called LiveCams Pro but no audio when using Blue Iris either desktop or IOS app. In the message, I get audio timeout, network reset. What is the issue?

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have audio using the foscam desktop app, I have audio using IOS app called LiveCams Pro but no audio when using Blue Iris either desktop or IOS app. What is the issue?
What have you done to enable audio in blue Iris..You need to read the help file

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have enable audio, ip camera stream enabled on the camera

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you saying that I have to have a sound card on the server for the camera's audio to be heard or recorded? I am not using the server for anything other than to run the service and for storage. I assumed that the audio was either live or recorded with the video for Foscam.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying that I have to have a sound card on the server for the camera's audio to be heard or recorded? I am not using the server for anything other than to run the service and for storage. I assumed that the audio was either live or recorded with the video for Foscam.
No you don't need any card... Post video configuration tab

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay I got that fixed by changing the camera type but now the microphone support doesn't work.

Attachments

Squirrelly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay all I am trying to fix is that the microphone won't work on the IOS app while the other IOS app Livecams Pro does work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay all I am trying to fix is that the microphone won't work on the IOS app while the other IOS app Livecams Pro does work.
You are not understanding...if you dont have the codecs setup properly it wont work...