Foscam C1

OldGoat

n3wb
Reaction score
When I set it up in Windows BI the image is chopped down width wise even though I select select Foscam C1 and 1280x720 (the widest offered) on my PC. It looks more like 1024 x 720.

my IOS Apple BI App shows the full image width. And the full width shows up in the Foscam Windows web browser. As well as other IOS IP Cam viewer apps when I selected Foscam C1.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong on the PC BI setup?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When I set it up in Windows BI the image is chopped down width wise even though I select select Foscam C1 and 1280x720 (the widest offered) on my PC. It looks more like 1024 x 720.

my IOS Apple BI App shows the full image width. And the full width shows up in the Foscam Windows web browser. As well as other IOS IP Cam viewer apps when I selected Foscam C1.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong on the PC BI setup?
Welcome to the forum..you have likely accidentally zoomed in on the live view...use your mouse scroll wheel to zoom out.

OldGoat

n3wb
Reaction score
Fixed-Really No Idea How

The zoom in/out was not functional.
i did re-add the C1 with a different name and all the same basic settings. The new one displayed properly. Then I deleted the first one. Now everything displays as expected. Never could see the difference between the two setups, other than the name. :confused:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Fixed-Really No Idea How

The zoom in/out was not functional.
i did re-add the C1 with a different name and all the same basic settings. The new one displayed properly. Then I deleted the first one. Now everything displays as expected. Never could see the difference between the two setups, other than the name. :confused:
To clarify, I dont mean the zoom button, that will not work (that is only for cameras with an optical zoom), I mean the digital zoom in and out that is done with the scroll wheel on the mouse. If you accidentally zoom in, it will stay that way until you zoom out.

OldGoat

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: Fixed-Really No Idea How

Thanks for the tips.
i use a trackball on my BI PC. Could not get anything on it to cause a digital zoom in or out. Right clickking the image did show a long list of options including a zoom out which did not respond. Obviously somehow when I first set the C1 up, I did something to cause it to do a digital image zoom in, but I don't know what. But the resetting up the C1 voided it.
thanks again for responding.