Foscam FI9826P

Re-vue

n3wb
Reaction score
I had been looking for an IP cam for a long time. There are way too many to choose from! The 9826 got such a bad rap in so many reviews I really wanted to do it some justice because it is a great little IP cam. Before ordering, I was a little bit skeptical about how the Foscam FI9826P would be to set up. But I had my camera set up in under 10 minutes and fully customized within a half an hour. Maybe it is because I own another Foscam, but it really doesn't get much more simple to set up. This is a network camera, so if you don't have any knowledge about networks you may find it difficult to set up. The instructions are a bit vague. Once unpacked and plugged in, simply scan the QR code on the instruction manual to download the app for the camera. Once you open the app, there is step by step configuration of the camera. The camera information is inputted into the app by scanning the QR code on the bottom of the camera base. Super easy. I wanted to customize my camera further by giving it a fixed IP, enabling access without LAN, saving to FTP and customizing motion control so it was necessary to log in via a web browser to the camera. I checked my router to see what IP the camera was assigned via DHCP, typed that into a web browser along with the default port (80) and I was able to access every imaginable setting for the camera. I knew from past experience that the camera interface works best with Internet Explorer. I opted to go with an external DDNS service because I already have an account but Foscam provides a DDNS IP with the product. I set up port forwarding on my router and my DDNS service and now I can view my camera from anywhere even if I am not on my home network. I save my recordings to FTP, which is also easy to set up in the camera interface, so they are offsite and safe. Foscam also offers a cloud based service but I already have a camera server in place. Either one works well. The quality of these recordings both night and day are of outstanding quality. They are encoded using H264 so they are not massive clips to store. The motion detection works really well and you can literally scan an entire room with the easy pan and tilt controls on the app. My camera is located at the opposite end of the house as the router and I have great signal and response from the camera. The camera blends well into any surroundings.
I really can't say enough good things about this camera. I have had great success with the Foscam family and would suggest downloading the .pdf manual online if you run into issues with set up as it is much more comprehensive than the quick start guide in the box.
I read forever on here before purchasing my camera. I hope this makes someone else's choice easier!
IMG_20160926_172024.jpg IMG_20160926_170954.jpgScreenshot_20160926-171501.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had been looking for an IP cam for a long time. There are way too many to choose from! The 9826 got such a bad rap in so many reviews I really wanted to do it some justice because it is a great little IP cam. Before ordering, I was a little bit skeptical about how the Foscam FI9826P would be to set up. But I had my camera set up in under 10 minutes and fully customized within a half an hour. Maybe it is because I own another Foscam, but it really doesn't get much more simple to set up. This is a network camera, so if you don't have any knowledge about networks you may find it difficult to set up. The instructions are a bit vague. Once unpacked and plugged in, simply scan the QR code on the instruction manual to download the app for the camera. Once you open the app, there is step by step configuration of the camera. The camera information is inputted into the app by scanning the QR code on the bottom of the camera base. Super easy. I wanted to customize my camera further by giving it a fixed IP, enabling access without LAN, saving to FTP and customizing motion control so it was necessary to log in via a web browser to the camera. I checked my router to see what IP the camera was assigned via DHCP, typed that into a web browser along with the default port (80) and I was able to access every imaginable setting for the camera. I knew from past experience that the camera interface works best with Internet Explorer. I opted to go with an external DDNS service because I already have an account but Foscam provides a DDNS IP with the product. I set up port forwarding on my router and my DDNS service and now I can view my camera from anywhere even if I am not on my home network. I save my recordings to FTP, which is also easy to set up in the camera interface, so they are offsite and safe. Foscam also offers a cloud based service but I already have a camera server in place. Either one works well. The quality of these recordings both night and day are of outstanding quality. They are encoded using H264 so they are not massive clips to store. The motion detection works really well and you can literally scan an entire room with the easy pan and tilt controls on the app. My camera is located at the opposite end of the house as the router and I have great signal and response from the camera. The camera blends well into any surroundings.
I really can't say enough good things about this camera. I have had great success with the Foscam family and would suggest downloading the .pdf manual online if you run into issues with set up as it is much more comprehensive than the quick start guide in the box.
I read forever on here before purchasing my camera. I hope this makes someone else's choice easier!
View attachment 13857 View attachment 13858View attachment 13859
The camera is complete garbage and the company even worse. No one buys a poorly rated camera just to "do it some justice". Who do you work for? This forum will NOT tolerate fake sill reviews. We can spot the a mile way.
Foscam offers a cloud server? A china company offering to transmit your PRIVATE video? Sure why not? they have been in trouble for phoning home despite p2p being disabled. 1.3mp video is "outstanding"??? please..

browser

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The camera is complete garbage and the company even worse. No one buys a poorly rated camera just to "do it some justice". Who do you work for? This forum will NOT tolerate fake sill reviews. We can spot the a mile way.
Foscam offers a cloud server? A china company offering to transmit your PRIVATE video? Sure why not? they have been in trouble for phoning home despite p2p being disabled. 1.3mp video is "outstanding"??? please..
I have had foscam camera's for nearly a year and they work fine :):peaceful:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had foscam camera's for nearly a year and they work fine :):peaceful:

For clarification, by "fine" do you mean this?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5637-Recovery-file?p=48984&viewfull=1#post48984

or this?
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/6737-why-why-why?p=59386#post59386

or the fact that the prior US distributor of foscam - foscam digital technologies has stopped providing support? and started selling dahua rebrands under the amcrest name?