Foscam FI9828P firmware installation

Jamie .I

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I Accidentally installed wrong firmware on my FI9828P IP-Camera and i contacted foscam, for suggestions. I got supplied with the PDF (I added to mail). I went through the steps, and it went well. I got to the point where I should delete the wrong firmware I installed initially, so i erased it from memory with command:
"8. Write Flash, input five commands in order: “sf probe 0”, “sf erase 000000 0x1000000”, “mw.b82000000 ff 1000000”"

This went well, but the connectivity to my tftp (program told to install from pdf. from where the camera should download the right firmware) wasn´t established (couldn´t ping from camera to PC, through Ethernet-cable (They were on same subnet)).

Without thinking about I just did reset. After this I haven't been able to get life into it, dome does not rotate when given power or when reset is hold for 15 sec. Is there something I can do to restore OS or is it a new motherboard?

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
so i erased it from memory with command:
Wow! That's such a risky procedure to suggest. So much better to skip erasing the bootloader, just in case of a failure, by splitting the dump to skip the bootloader..
This went well, but the connectivity to my tftp (program told to install from pdf. from where the camera should download the right firmware) wasn´t established (couldn´t ping from camera to PC, through Ethernet-cable (They were on same subnet)).
So you did a flash total erasure before confirming you could connect to the tftp server?

Is there something I can do to restore OS
I think the simple answer is - no, not easily. The bootloader is gone. And 'fastboot' would be pretty fiddly, even if the board would support it.
There is a small chance that you might be able to program the SPI flash chip in-situ with something like a CH341a flash programmer.
I have done this successfully in the past. Check out the location of the presumed 'MX25 ...' flash chip.
But it depends on physical accessibility, and also whether the board would allow an in-situ programming attempt. I think that will depend on how the circuitry is hooked up.
But easy enough to try.

Jamie .I

n3wb
Reaction score
Okay maybe it would be easier to see if I can get my hands on a unit for parts and use its mobo as donor. Thanks for your detailed answer, much appreticiated

Best regards Jamie

JohnJohnGB

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have a copy of the
flash_FI9828W_1.4.1.7_1.13.1.17.bin
this is no the V2 version of FI9828 camera

cheers
John