Foscam FI9828W

Reaction score
Hello,

I have 3 Foscam FI9828W. I got them mid-2014. As of now 1 is dead, I think the term for this is bricked? the other 2 work,....well mostly. During the morning hours while the sun makes a lot of glare, one of these cameras times out. when I ping it I get either 'request timed out' or ' reply from (my pc) :destination host unreachable' if I try to go to its ipcam client page I get 'taking too long to respond' or a gray screen. Mean while the other camera is still up and running. If I'm lucky it'll start working by the afternoon. In the past my other half would go to his pc and do something and the camera would be working again. His pc controls the router. Is there way I can get this camera up and running when it times out?

Another problem I've been noticing a lot lately is the camera will reboot themselves mostly at night. Is there a way to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your experience mirrors mine. I've been testing a variety of cameras ordered via AliExpress (over the last 5 months) and I'll be transitioning away from the Foscam cameras.

Reaction score
I'm moving away from Foscam cameras too. it seems like I'm always trying to keep them running. I've been reading about Dahua and Hikvision. Mainly because of my budget I'm learning towards Dahua. I should have enough to replace the bricked foscam by next month.