Foscam Fi9900P carport cam

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried with several FI9900p in my carport, but all of them the same.
outside carport, you cant see anything, I have attach the picture.
doesnt matter what color adjustment I do, it doesnt help at all. if the sun goes away, its the same.carport.JPG

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Camera Placement: if you stick with what you have, you'd need to move it over by the fence looking out.
That camera can only do one job there.
You'd need another camera mounted and zoomed past the contrast to "see outside".
Or a camera with a lot of adjustable settings.
Foscam : They don't tell you what sensor they are using in their Specs.
Foscam
This one on Amazon if it has Dahua features inside, would have the settings you need to adjust for the contrasting view.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera Placement: if you stick with what you have, you'd need to move it over by the fence looking out.
That camera can only do one job there.
You'd need another camera mounted and zoomed past the contrast to "see outside".
Or a camera with a lot of adjustable settings.
Foscam : They don't tell you what sensor they are using in their Specs.
Foscam
This one on Amazon if it has Dahua features inside, would have the settings you need to adjust for the contrasting view.
If that camera on amazon really can adjust inside and outside, so its very good, what I notice is
Diagonal view angel is 116 degress that isnt so good, because Fi9900p have 100 degress and last year I bought the newer model Fi9902p and it came to my surprised that Diagonal view was worser than 9900p its 105 degress.
that is quite long way from 100 degress to 116, you will miss out quite few things in the side, and also Horizontal.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.....what I notice is Diagonal view angel is 116 degress that isnt so good,....
Not saying if that angle is good or bad but the specs for the cam that @Flintstone61 linked say it's 127 degrees diagonal, not 116.

A cam's sensor sees like people; facing glare it'll close the iris to adjust to what it thinks it needs and not open up more to brighten the dark section. But because of the darker section, it doesn't close quite enough, now you have a lighted section that is too bright and a dark section that is too dark.

I'd go with 2 cams, one for inside the fenced area and one for outside....but they'd be turret style, not bullets or domes. And as stated by @Flintstone61 , go with a cam that will openly tell you what the sensor size is, using the below chart. Just my two cents.

2MP on 1/2.8"
4MP on 1/1.8"
8MP on 1/1.2"

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
It sounds like you are trying to see a wide angle. Which tells me you are trying to do too many things with 1 camera. your location would need 2 cameras.
I picked the Wifi cam because you are using a Wifi camera at that location. It's probably only good to see motion by the car. It will detect motion across the fence but it will hard to identify what it is.
I'd get a varifocal camera or a 6mm camera to see things outide the fence.
I don't see any wifi Camera's in a quick search at 6mm.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score

lovebuine

n3wb
Reaction score
yeah maybe I go for 2 cams in stead, it is very hard to see before you put them up.
so 127 degress diagonal is better than 100 or?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
100 vs. 127 ft. probably means something about the lens is different. like 2.8mm vs. 3.6 mm. or something like that. not sure with out studying more on these models.
you might like the Dahua over the Foscam for the adjustments you can make to night vision or contrast or whatever options it comes with.