Foscam Spotlight Cameras turned green

ro345

n3wb
Reaction score
Foscam Spotilight Cameras. THey have been in service for about 4 months now. Then with 24 hours of each other, they both turned green. Reset them. Powered them off. Firmware is latest. Tapped them a few times. Ran a magnet over them (per the Foscam tech note). Toggled IR. Any ideas? Are they just permanently broken?

1653270685107.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
During the day when you cover the daylight sensor can you hear the mechanical IR cut filter click?
If it's a bright day you might have to use something more opaque than your finger, like black electrical tape.

Reaction score
Foscam Spotilight Cameras. THey have been in service for about 4 months now. Then with 24 hours of each other, they both turned green. Reset them. Powered them off. Firmware is latest. Tapped them a few times. Ran a magnet over them (per the Foscam tech note). Toggled IR. Any ideas? Are they just permanently broken?

View attachment 128768
Happened to one of my cameras.

I fixed it by going into the foscam NVR software and then the settings for the camera. Under video -> video adjustments, it hit Default and then save. It reset whatever broke and the video was back to normal.

I have 4 of these, but it only happened to 1.

Hopefully that helps.

ro345

n3wb
Reaction score
Happened to one of my cameras.

I fixed it by going into the foscam NVR software and then the settings for the camera. Under video -> video adjustments, it hit Default and then save. It reset whatever broke and the video was back to normal.

I have 4 of these, but it only happened to 1.

Hopefully that helps.
GavinCampbell, Thank you very much! I didn't even have the NVR software installed, so I installed it and I reset it to default. And it fixed it. I was only using Blue Iris and I would not have thought to install the Foscam NVR software. Must be a bug in their camera firmware.

ro345

n3wb
Reaction score
GavinCampbell, Thank you very much! I didn't even have the NVR software installed, so I installed it and I reset it to default. And it fixed it. I was only using Blue Iris and I would not have thought to install the Foscam NVR software. Must be a bug in their camera firmware.
Foscam support wrote and told me that it was a known bug and it would be updated in a future update (assuming they meant camera update and not nvr update).