Foscam's staggeringly poor software support

Firstname

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any alternative for Foscam's pathetic software? Seems I can't login to the NVR or any of the cameras any longer unless I use an old outdated laptop. The interface was always dreadful anyway, so instead of trying to make it work again with some ancient browser cludge thought I'd see if anyone had a better solution?

Cheers.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there any alternative for Foscam's pathetic software? Seems I can't login to the NVR or any of the cameras any longer unless I use an old outdated laptop. The interface was always dreadful anyway, so instead of trying to make it work again with some ancient browser cludge thought I'd see if anyone had a better solution?

Cheers.
Welcome Firstname,

Heard a lot of software is not kept up to date, and thus IE 6 still lives!

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cheers.
BlueIris is exceptional. Download and try the trial to see how it works.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Blue Iris is what a lot of people use, but it does require a modern Intel desktop system to perform well.
I'm running a AMD 4-core 2.7GHz with 16gig memory, with 6 960p cameras, cloning 2 for a total of 8 viewports. 24/7 recording d2d on 6 cameras, with triggers, sms, email notifications on 2 cameras. Cpu runs at around 27%.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running a AMD 4-core 2.7GHz with 16gig memory, with 6 960p cameras, cloning 2 for a total of 8 viewports. 24/7 recording d2d on 6 cameras, with triggers, sms, email notifications on 2 cameras. Cpu runs at around 27%.
And suck lots of power... AMD is a poor choice for blue iris..