Fouled Up My Dahua 5442 (Andy Cam) And Now Unable To Access In The Web GUI Need Some Help

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Long story short: System is BI 5 and 4 Dahua (Andy) Cams and has been rock solid for 6+ months. I have a second NIC Card in my BI PC but my system does not have BI on the dual NIC.

Due to recent Dahua security issues I decided to start the move to dual NIC and went into the admin GUI and changed the IP address on one of my 5442 Cams (following the Dual NIC Guide often referenced on Ipcamtalk).

After I changed the IP address of 1 cam I am now unable to access my 5442 in the GUI, won't connect in I.E., Edge, Chrome, the IP Config tool shows all the cams in the system including the new one with the new address but I am unable to access (to include in the config tool).

Guessing I am going to have to get a ladder, yank the cam down, and hard reset???

Thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated.

Guide

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When you changed the IP address of the camera from that computer, your internal IP address (LAN) is now different than the new camera IP address range.

The easiest way is to take a laptop (if it has an ethernet port) or a tower and turn off wifi and connect the camera cable to the laptop (obviously you need power so if it is on a POE switch then connect a cable from the switch to the computer).

Then go into ethernet settings and manually change the IP address range of the camera you just changed. Make sure the last 3 digits are not the same as any device on that IP address range.

Then go to a browser and type in the new camera IP address and you will then access the camera.

Then go back into ethernet settings and change the computer IP address back to what it was previously (probably DHCP)

Then replug in everything like it was and proceed from there.

Or download Dahua toolbox and run the batch config tool where you can Initialize the camera and change it's IP, but most of us do what I mentioned.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

Off to the shop to give it a go.

I have an orphan Win 10 Tower right next to my BI PC. Also have a spare POE Injector.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@wittaj

Thank you so much, took a little trial and error but I am up and running back in my original configuration and have GUI access on the problem cam.

I need to take a second look at the dual NIC guide and see where I went wrong. I put in the second NIC card about 4 months back, fully intending to move everything onto an isolated network, I even went as far as moving one camera and had it working with one isolated before moving it back.

I got onto other projects and decided today was a good day to start the move, must have been sloppy somewhere because as mentioned I had one segmented at one time.

Thanks Again!

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok smarty pants,,,lol,,,,, what the F$3K did I do to get this?
I was going to open the parking lot cam to zoom it in a bit,
I was reading around in the menus just to familiarize myself with the other stuff,
and in Safety i musta disturbed something.....I don't know. But BI shows the 5442 @ 192.168.1.207:10080 and also 10081.
if I delete and add a new cam and find inspect ( i did this for 1.5 hours) It just keeps showing a clone no matter what Cam# you try, and the 5442 keeps showing up on cam 10 and 11 in BI.
But in the NVR it shows up right.Screenshot 2021-10-12 182526.png

NightLife

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Flintstone61 just tell your wife, or boss that you bought and installed a new cam. Say 'check it out .. super high tech cam (#11), and soooo little overlap with the other one (#10).' Then jiggle the monitor, yell squirrel and bolt! :p

EDIT: Oh, and hand whomever a 'remit to' invoice. You needs to be paid for all your hard work after all.