FPS Max Rate not being saved - BI v4.4.2.0

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a weird problem. I have one camera that I set the Max frame rate to 15FPS and save. The camera goes blank for a second then comes back. I check it and it seems to have saved. After a couple hours I notice that the camera is right back to 30FPS. Whats causing this to change? The camera is set (at the camera) to 15FPS so not sure whats overwriting it. I'm trying to get the camera from image tear which is happening a lot.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a weird problem. I have one camera that I set the Max frame rate to 15FPS and save. The camera goes blank for a second then comes back. I check it and it seems to have saved. After a couple hours I notice that the camera is right back to 30FPS. Whats causing this to change? The camera is set (at the camera) to 15FPS so not sure whats overwriting it. I'm trying to get the camera from image tear which is happening a lot.
You cant change the frame rate in BI. BI auto adjusts to the fps the camera sends. If you are setting 15fps in the cam, likely the camera is sending more than that. To prevent tearing, match the camera iframe interval to the fps.
What camera is this?

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. I guess I thought the Camera properties, Video tab, image format was just that. Makes sense. These are the Nelly's EYEsurv ESIP-MP2-BT1(CP) 2 Mega Pixel IP IR Outdoor Bullet Security Camera. Probably the quirky software. Here is a screenshot of my Video settings on the camera itself.

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 10.12.03 AM.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Fenderman. I guess I thought the Camera properties, Video tab, image format was just that. Makes sense. These are the Nelly's EYEsurv ESIP-MP2-BT1(CP) 2 Mega Pixel IP IR Outdoor Bullet Security Camera. Probably the quirky software. Here is a screenshot of my Video settings on the camera itself.

View attachment 12826
Those are dahua cameras so should be ok. Also, check the general tab, you are likely only getting 15fps...
for pixelation try changing the stream type to h.264 instead of h.264h

Scarrz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give that a try. Appreciate the quick help.