FPS rate limit?

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I noticed that BI is limiting my FPS while viewing in Android. I max out at 5 fps in all cameras view and 15 fps in single camera view even though my cameras are all configured to 20 fps. Is there anywhere to change this setting that I'm missing? I've been over everything and I don't get it why BI is forcing a FPS cap.

Also, I recently defined some groups and it's now capping my all cameras cycle view at 5 fps which is really annoying. My smaller groups, like front cameras group will still get 15 fps in cycle view.

BI/Camera hardware:

Cameras: 7 Dahua POE, 1 Ubiquiti UVC-G3 Wifi using AirGateway
PC: i7-6700, 8GB RAM, 256GB NVMe, 4TB WD Purple
CPU Usage: 15%

All Cameras index view, capped at 5 fps:

upload_2017-5-20_9-29-7.png

Single Camera view, capped at 15 fps:

upload_2017-5-20_9-31-54.png

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
try adjusting the settings in the webserver encoding configuration screen:
web server settings

in particular, the 'limit bitrate' checkbox and 'max bitrate' setting.

higher bit rates should allow higher frame rates, but will use lots more bandwidth and might not even work very well depending on your connection, which is why the defaults are set at 'reasonable' rates...

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try adjusting the settings in the webserver encoding configuration screen:
in particular, the 'limit bitrate' checkbox and 'max bitrate' setting.
higher bit rates should allow higher frame rates, but will use lots more bandwidth and might not even work very well depending on your connection, which is why the defaults are set at 'reasonable' rates...
I've tried adjusting all the web server settings and nothing changes that fps lock of 5 and 15 fps. If I lower the bitrate too low I get blocky image quality. Right now I'm running at 2048. I'm just curious what fps others are getting while viewing in the android app. It appears that the fps lock is hard coded because I can't find any settings to adjust it. I can live with 15 fps but 5 is a little hard to watch.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
hm. there's a picklist for encoding at the bottom of the app's settings menu,
but the choices all seem to be the same. Not sure what's up with that. I may need to upgrade...

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hm. there's a picklist for encoding at the bottom of the app's settings menu,
but the choices all seem to be the same. Not sure what's up with that. I may need to upgrade...
Those are defined as the encoder profiles "Streaming 0" "Streaming 1" and "Streaming 2" in the webserver settings.

wcleme11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated to test this. I set the all cameras fps to 20 and fired up the android app. I first went to the cycle camera view and I thought it was working as BI was reporting 20 fps on my tablet's connection. Then I noticed there is a several second lag in the video. Then I switched to the all cameras view and fps dropped down to about 7 and never went over. I emailed Ken as I think this going to take some more work. @fenderman can you test this as well? It'd be nice for someone else to confirm the same results.