Frame rate dropping despite CPU not maxed

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Perhaps it because I wasn't paying attention before, but it seems that ever since the new RTSP time coding that Ken has implemented, cameras that previously were rock solid at 15fps (as defined in the Hikvision camera GUI), are now dropping as low as 8FPS during a lot of scene activity.

It's made the video noticeably jerkier. I've had this phenomenon in the past, but it was when trying to run 1080p on all cameras, and with the CPU absolutely maxed at 100%.

Now, the CPU hardly reaches 80% when there's a lot of camera activity/recording (i.e. rain, lightning, wind, etc), and my FPS is still dropping.

Aside from the obligatory direct-to-disk and various other CPU-load lightening tips, is there a reason why the recorded frame rates are taking a hit despite the CPU being under-utilized?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Nope, in fact, the server running BI is dedicated, and has had all non-essential things removed. Even windows file indexing service is gone. I think no more than about 40 processes are running at any given moment (vs about 100 on my main system)

Attachments

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are running TeamViewer when you are looking at the CPU stats, it will drive your CPU usage way way up. Log into the machine locally and you will see a huge difference in CPU load than when you login with TV running.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's my point. Even with TV running, my CPU is never at 100% - so when BI is running by itself, I know for certain the CPU is not stressed. I'm also using the alternate webviewer (UI2.htm) which reports server load.

My issue is I'm seeing slowing frame rates despite having only moderate CPU usage.

oldrolla

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dont know if it is the same issue as the OP but i am suffering from reduced frame rates as well.....dropping to 3 fps even when the camera software is set at 15fps and BI is set at 20fps.
The only fix i could come up with was to reset the camera (Hikvision 2332) to factory defaults (the dont change IP selection) and they are now sitting back at 15fps.