Frame rate half of what it should be during playback and live stream

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Still working on migrating to a new PC, and am running into issues with the both systems. Namely, even though the FPS of the cameras are displayed (overlay using variable %F) at the full 20FPS, the actual FPS streaming via UI3 is hovering between 9 and 11 FPS. The net effect is that the video appears to be in slow motion. It's strobing and jerky. I'm seeing this across multiple clients - both on the LAN and WAN.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Still working on migrating to a new PC, and am running into issues with the both systems. Namely, even though the FPS of the cameras are displayed (overlay using variable %F) at the full 20FPS, the actual FPS streaming via UI3 is hovering between 9 and 11 FPS. The net effect is that the video appears to be in slow motion. It's strobing and jerky. I'm seeing this across multiple clients - both on the LAN and WAN.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?
what version?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ah hell, what's the matter with you? Couldn't read my mind?! Sorry - that woulda been helpful. I've tried the latest, and then went back to stable (5.4.6.3). Both suffer from the same slowed FPS.

I just disabled the first row of cameras (about 8 of them) and the rest all came up to the correct FPS value according to the UI3 indicator. It's odd because it's just on the playback stream (live or recorded) since the actual frame rate that BI is pulling during recording (according to the %F variable in the overlay) is the true camera-defined FPS.

So when I watch the UI3 FPS indicator with all cameras enabled (even if the stream is only a single camera), it's bobbing around half the FPS. Even though CPU is no where near maxed out (70%).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this only happening when both systems are running simultaneously ?

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It was also happening before I even started with the new PC. Apparently it's been happening for longer than I've noticed. My brother had made a comment about a week ago that every camera seemed to be running in "slow motion", but I wasn't paying attention at that point. I can't see that it's related to the second system. I've started a dialog with Ken and will report back when I know more.

Last edited: