Frame rate keeps dropping to 10 fps

bandw1dth

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got an Amcrest IPM-721B and the frame rate keeps dropping to 10 fps in BI. I have to manually go into the cameras web page and set it back to 30 fps in order for BI to see it as 30 fps. Don't know why it keeps setting itself to 10. Not sure if BI is causing it to go to 10 fps or if something is going on with the camera itself.

Anyone got any ideas?

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got an Amcrest IPM-721B and the frame rate keeps dropping to 10 fps in BI. I have to manually go into the cameras web page and set it back to 30 fps in order for BI to see it as 30 fps. Don't know why it keeps setting itself to 10. Not sure if BI is causing it to go to 10 fps or if something is going on with the camera itself.

Anyone got any ideas?
Maybe BI sees the secondary stream?

Check if your second stream is enabled. Happened to me once...

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

bandw1dth

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe BI sees the secondary stream?

Check if your second stream is enabled. Happened to me once...

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it with the secondary stream both on and off with no success.

GuiBou

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it with the secondary stream both on and off with no success.
Ok I tried.... :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Anyone got any ideas?
Blue iris does not and cannot change cameras frame rates...Blue iris sees whatever fps you set in the camera...if you camera is randomly changing frame rates from the 30 fps setting then there is something wrong with it..that said, 30fps is extreme overkill..15 is way more than sufficient.

rnatalli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yup, get off WiFi. Also agree with Fenderman that 30fps is way overkill. I never go over 10 for any of my cameras and that's more than enough IMO.