Fresh win 10 install and BI, but dll is missing?

Mikolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Reinstalled w10 pro on my laptop (gonna use it as ip cam center with BI)

Original w10pro fresh install (after formatting) all availible updates via update center done but after installing Blue Iris and trying to start it only a popup comes up stating:

"MSVCP120.dll is missing, try to reinstall the program"

Tried reinstalling and dowloading Blue Iris again (thinking maybe corrupt files)

Googling the 120.dll gives me so many options.. I cant sort out wich is for me!

Please help :)

(I have succesfully run Blue Iris on the laptop before)

Audioadam

n3wb
Reaction score
Reinstalled w10 pro on my laptop (gonna use it as ip cam center with BI)

Original w10pro fresh install (after formatting) all availible updates via update center done but after installing Blue Iris and trying to start it only a popup comes up stating:

"MSVCP120.dll is missing, try to reinstall the program"

Tried reinstalling and dowloading Blue Iris again (thinking maybe corrupt files)

Googling the 120.dll gives me so many options.. I cant sort out wich is for me!

Please help :)

(I have succesfully run Blue Iris on the laptop before)

From the newest help files, as I myself am sorting my way through it this morning as well. I think it is because he literally just launched this update which contains hardware accelleration that we have all been anxiously awaiting.

Blue Iris 4.0 Installation Notes
================================

If you chose the "Run Blue Iris Now" option, the software will run when you close this
ReadMe.txt window.

To run the software manually, locate the Blue Iris icon on your desktop, and double-
click it. A Blue Iris icon can also be found by clicking the Windows Start button.

When Blue Iris starts for the first time, you may be prompted by the Windows Firewall.
It is important that you select "Allow Access" if you will be using any network IP
cameras and to allow the software to check for updates. For proper and highest
performance operation, You should also exempt BlueIris.exe from any network/web
scanning caching by such software as Avira, Eset, Avast!, etc.

If you see a WMVCORE.DLL missing error, you must enable the Desktop Experience feature
of your server OS. Also be sure Windows Media Player is installed and working.
Please refer to:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772567.aspx

If there is a problem with system configuration, please refer to this link to install
the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Once Blue Iris is running, click the Help icon for complete "Getting Started"
instructions.

Email support@blueirissoftware.com for assistance if you are stuck.

Thank you.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like update is version 4.2.8.0 even though update page says Version 4.2.6.4 (December 3, 2015), so maybe it is the hardware acceleration update.[h=3][/h]

Audioadam

n3wb
Reaction score
It has hardware acceleration along with new support plans, which I whole heartedly agree with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like update is version 4.2.8.0 even though update page says Version 4.2.6.4 (December 3, 2015), so maybe it is the hardware acceleration update.
You need to refesh the webpage to see the latest update listed..the download will always be the latest.

Mikolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, seems to do the trick :) (One maybe should start reading all those texts ;))

Mikolino

n3wb
Reaction score
Now to a new problem, seems like I used up all my attempts with the bi key :( well sent mail to blue iris support for a reset)

frankred

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am getting this error too. I saw the new update, BI wouldn't update automatically, so I downloaded the update from the webpage and ran it. Oops. :/