Front door 2 way audio/video

A C Hunter

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the add. I have been lurking and learning for a while, with nothing constructive to add to the group. Between this and the BI group and training videos, I have found choosing security is not always simple. My neighbour just completed and moved into a new house that replaces one lost to fire 2 years ago. He purchased a Lorex LHV5100 series, 4 camera package from Costco and pre-wired the house. I believe the system is analog on BNC siamese wiring. I'm looking to get him a front door camera with 2way audio compatible with his system. Any suggestions? I already discouraged him from a wifi 'doorbell' cam since the wiring is already in the soffit.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for the add. I have been lurking and learning for a while, with nothing constructive to add to the group. Between this and the BI group and training videos, I have found choosing security is not always simple. My neighbour just completed and moved into a new house that replaces one lost to fire 2 years ago. He purchased a Lorex LHV5100 series, 4 camera package from Costco and pre-wired the house. I believe the system is analog on BNC siamese wiring. I'm looking to get him a front door camera with 2way audio compatible with his system. Any suggestions? I already discouraged him from a wifi 'doorbell' cam since the wiring is already in the soffit.
Welcome @A C Hunter

Do check out the cliff notes when you get a chance.

I've seen a number of IP PoE products discussed here for video intercom products. Suggest searching Dahua and Hikvision for a BNC based video intercom product. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on BNC options will chime in also.

Nick M

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua's current line of video intercom products is all IP based...with a couple of WiFi options.