Front Gate Camera Install

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of a front gate camera I installed. Links back to the house via point to point wireless. I tapped into the power going to the gate opener.

Attachments

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice job.

I wonder if power line adapters would have worked. Home PNA over your intercom wires also might have worked.

If turrets had i/o I'd say add a photo electric beam to the top of the wall.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It was a paid job so I needed something solid. Too many issues with power line adapters. The Ubiquiti Nanostation M5's are like Ronco Rotisserie Ovens. Set it and forget it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Set It and forget it is RIGHT, you only want to do it once, you sound like myself when it comes to Paying Jobs :)

gmaster1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yeah you made the right choices here -- good job!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those mechanical metal gates are lightning magnets; I'd of done the same if running a fiber connection out there was off the table.. simply to keep it electronically isolated from my network.

Great work, looks good. now post up a screen cap of the camera so we can see how well its performing.

I'd of gone for some nicely bent EMT conduit over that flexible stuff, painted tan.. but thats just me with my magical bending skills.. it is alot more work but you'd of shielded all that from lightning better.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That looks like it would also be a great location for an LPR camera.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those mechanical metal gates are lightning magnets; I'd of done the same if running a fiber connection out there was off the table.. simply to keep it electronically isolated from my network.

Great work, looks good. now post up a screen cap of the camera so we can see how well its performing.

I'd of gone for some nicely bent EMT conduit over that flexible stuff, painted tan.. but thats just me with my magical bending skills.. it is alot more work but you'd of shielded all that from lightning better.
I love running EMT! Every install I have done lately has been two story houses from seeing the install from the street and word of mouth!