Frustrated with Email Alerts

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Over the past few months I have been tweaking settings but can't seem to find a happy medium. :banghead:
So called Grey Market Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P with Hikvision DS-2CD2355FWD-I x 3 & DS-2CD2335FWD-I x 1

Firmware V5.5.3 build 171018

For this thread, using the setting from DS-2CD2355FWD-I 4mm Email set up on camera not the NVR (some reason it doesn't work as good)

One thing I do hate about the Hik CAM sending emails is sometimes I will get duplicate or even triplicate of the same three shots.

I have line crossing detection setup to detect <---> crossing, there are times I will get an email of one but not the other crossing direction.
Phantom emails in the dead of night from car headlights, not too often though.

As of late, I get bombarded with emails, warmer weather has brought the critters.

Looking to tweak the setting to minimize emails from critters and hopefully capture more human activity.
Hope the collective minds here can help me with this. :headbang:

Front002.jpg Front003.jpg Front004.jpg Front005.jpg Front006.jpg Front007.jpg Front008.jpg Front009.jpg Front010.jpg Front011.jpg Front012.jpg FrontdoorEmail.jpg

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Get a proper outdoor PIR or microwave/dual tech motion detector - anything using the cameras own optics as the alarm/event activation will be flawed and cause too many false positives.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The camera I am using there does not have alarm input.

I would have no idea how to get the two to interact??

FrankMCN

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Take it the recorder itself has no alarm inputs either?

yakky

n3wb
Reaction score
Draw the line as close to the house as you can tolerate. That will get the headlights and most of the critters out of the equation.

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Take it the recorder itself has no alarm inputs either?
It does but the NVR is unreliable when it come to sending emails. When I had it set up to send emails and not the cameras, I was barely getting any.

Draw the line as close to the house as you can tolerate. That will get the headlights and most of the critters out of the equation.
I will try that with the line.