FTP Image Upload on Motion Detection

r0cker44

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I’ve been using iSpy for the past 3 years however since upgrading my system and adding additional cameras, the system performance on a i7/16gb with 8 cams has gone through the roof.

I went on search for new software and I found Blue Iris which has been keeping a low CPU and been pretty stable. I’m still in evaluation mode as I want to ensure everything works before I buy.

One feature I’m having difficulties with is the FTP imageduring motion detect by a trigger and resending every 30 seconds (only if motion is detected)

I’m trying to set this up so that when a motion detection trigger is set off, a image capture of the motion is detected and then uploaded to a FTP server. A image should only be uploaded only in 30 second intervals - only if there is still motion detected. The problem I have run into is the first image is uploaded without issue and then 30 seconds later another image is uploaded but there is no motion in that image.

What am I doing wrong here? The 2nd image should only upload if there is motion being sensed...is this possible?

Any input would be helpful, I read the help docs a few times but still can’t figure it out...

r0cker44

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, I figured these pics would help show the current config..

Any ideas?

srglassw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello

I’ve been using iSpy for the past 3 years however since upgrading my system and adding additional cameras, the system performance on a i7/16gb with 8 cams has gone through the roof.

I went on search for new software and I found Blue Iris which has been keeping a low CPU and been pretty stable. I’m still in evaluation mode as I want to ensure everything works before I buy.

One feature I’m having difficulties with is the FTP imageduring motion detect by a trigger and resending every 30 seconds (only if motion is detected)

I’m trying to set this up so that when a motion detection trigger is set off, a image capture of the motion is detected and then uploaded to a FTP server. A image should only be uploaded only in 30 second intervals - only if there is still motion detected. The problem I have run into is the first image is uploaded without issue and then 30 seconds later another image is uploaded but there is no motion in that image.

What am I doing wrong here? The 2nd image should only upload if there is motion being sensed...is this possible?

Any input would be helpful, I read the help docs a few times but still can’t figure it out...
I haven't tested this theory but it seems to me that if a scenario something like if the camera were retriggered after say 25 seconds but the motion had stopped before 30 seconds then there would be no motion in the second image. I think you have to let the first trigger end sooner than 30 seconds. Then, a new trigger would send a second image with motion in it. I don't know that there is a way to guarantee 30 second image spacing and motion showing in the subsequent images.