FTP question

Reaction score
Hello, First post
I have a small 4 camera system that I have had for a few years now.
GW Security GW-804N NVR with 3 GW -1389IP and 1 ELP-AP4100R Cameras.
The system is quirky, but has been pretty solid. The reason for the ELP camera is one of the GW's failed a few months in. Haven't really needed to use the cameras for my intended purpose, catching someone trying to rob us. I haven't used a fire extinguisher in years either. It did help me confirm the cause of death of one of out outdoor cats though. I was away for work, wife called said the cat was dead, and was shot. I was able to log in and see that the cat got into it over night with a raccoon.

Anyway my question
My NVR , one camera, and monitor are in my basement that only has access from the outside. So chances of someone breaking into both the upstairs and downstairs is smaller I would guess, could be wrong. My computer is down here and the tower is kind of hidden and my external HD is hidden pretty good, plus they would take the guitars before the Tower and HD. I have setup the NVR to FTP snapshots to my external drive. I have also told the ELP camera to do the same. The ELP connects to the FTP server 192.168.1.6 port 21 directory G\DVR and uploads images. The NVR on the other hand Logs in once in a while it creates its directory, but does not upload images. Windows logs for the FTP server say the connection times out after 900 seconds (default for the server). This is the standard Windows Xp Pro ftp server, Filezilla does not support XP...I know its old and I am upgrading the OS soon. Really having the images from the camera in the basement uploading to a hidden HD so if someone does get into the basement and takes the NVR I have evidence is all I really need, because the NVR will have the rest of it. As a tinkerer I just would love to have the other 3 cameras evidence.

Thanks for looking and an insight would be appreciated
Settings screen shot, NVR on left, ELP camera on Right

Reaction score
So I also have a Windows 2003 server setup in raid 5 that I just got back running, linked the NVR to that and bam uploading images..must be permissions of some sort on the xp machine. Time for some bigger HD's for the server

Reaction score
Update, Still uploading to the server FTP, plus I upgraded my Google Drive account to 100 gigs put the FTP upload folder in the Google Drive folder. I now have instant offsite image backup..