Full Speed Ahead

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Local tour boat operator, lady captain seems oblivious to the dock she's charging ahead at until....BANG!

She came by Mom's the next morning with coffee and donuts and apologized for "scraping" the dock". The folks on the bow had a wild ride...

Mom's dock seems to be ok. I'm gonna have to rig up some kind of deterrent :mad:

This is an older Dahua 2MP 2221 CVI camera
(Switch to 1080p and go full screen)

Last edited:

handinpalm

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Probably cannot put much of a deterrent out there except for another piling for them to hit, but then you have to contend with it. But will make a good tie pole. Hard to stop poor boaters, see plenty of them around here. Hope the doughnuts were good.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I thought my wife was a bad driver for hitting our trash can. You know what she still is a bad driver but thanks for the video haha.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unless she is her own employer, she could be quite a liability to the tour company. Also...
1) She was going way too fast for the close quarters.
2) If she was looking where she was going, she needs to have her eyes (and maybe her head) examined.
At least she had the class to fess up to the deed and apologize....or she knew your mom had a cam! :rolleyes:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should see the full 6 minute video. She makes what is normally a 3 point turn into that cove into an 18 point turn...