Full stream live view corrupt with 4K cam (Annke C800)

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've emailed Alexey, but perhaps the community might also have some ideas on the following issue:

I have two Annke C800 (I91BM) that have a corrupt live full stream view via Tinycam Pro (ONVIF connection) when at full resolution (3840x2160). See thumbnails for what I mean.

Screenshot_20230304_075208_tinyCam PRO.jpgScreenshot_20230304_075218_tinyCam PRO.jpg

The full stream is OK via Hik-Connect on Android. The full stream is OK via browser on my PC. I have tested the RTSP stream via VLC on my PC and also OK. The issue is consistent with Tinycam Pro on my Android phone, tablet and Firestick.

Both cameras are OK on Tinycam at full stream if I reduce the resolution to 2688x1520, but with these cameras reducing the resolution is just a crop, so it dramatically changes the field of view and is not a solution for me.

Both cameras live stream OK if the scene is either low light or or limited dynamic range. One camera is in my garage and works fine until I open both doors, then with the extrra light it corrupts. The other cam I have giving an overview of my garden and this will only give live full stream at full res in low light or when switched over to IR at night. In normal cloudy daylight, the image corrupts.

I have tried hardware vs software encoding in the app. I have tried reducing the camera max bit rate etc, constant bitrate opposed to variable etc, ONVIF UDP opposed to TCP, but nothing I have tried so far works. But it does seem to be Tinycam specific. The best I have for now is to configure the cam as stream 2 in Tinycam to get the substream. Passable on my phone, but not a great when viewed via the Firestick on my TV, when the full stream is what I really want to see.

Any ideas for things to try or better workarounds please?

Hoping Alexey can help if not. I've used the app for years so really hoping for a solution.

Regards
G.

paul@austins.tv

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It may help if you navigate within the Tinycam app and change the video settings, try hardware decode or hardware +.

Pierre111

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you find a solution for that? I have exactly the same problem with my Annke NC800 cams...

Best regards
Pierre

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My workaround is to use stream 2, but no solution for stream 1..

Disappointingly I didn't get any response at all from my support email.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Pierre111

n3wb
Reaction score
Very Sad, apart from this bug, it's the best live monitoring app out there.

Stream 2 in 4k work or only also in FullHD?

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very Sad, apart from this bug, it's the best live monitoring app out there.

Stream 2 in 4k work or only also in FullHD?
Stream two is something miserable low Res, far from HD.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk