FYI - $57 on 720P LaView manual varifocal dome 2-pack IP cameras 7/3/2018

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - yes, 720P... but thought some here may still have some unused PoE ports for cameras they like to put in the home some place...

2x 720P 1.3MP Varifocal Dome IP Surveillance Camera
SKU LV-PD5V108-VF-2PK

$57
ends 7/3/2018 ( USA vendor LaView )

LaView IP Cameras

• HD 720P
  • Easy to use manual varifocal lens to zoom
  • IP66 weatherproof cameras designed for indoor/outdoor use.
  • Built-in MicroSD card slot supports up to 64GB and can store precious backup or standalone footage
  • Comes with 2x 720P varifocal dome cameras

These should be IP PoE camera
The kit should not include power adapters - so you will need that OR a PoE injector OR a LaView NVR w/PoE ports OR a PoE switch
The kit may or may not have ethernet cables.

Hikvision OEM cameras

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - still alive at 7/4/2018

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - deal expired 7/5/2018

back to $179.00

freshjs_23

n3wb
Reaction score
I see these are on sale again on slickdeals but I haven't seen any "real" reviews on these yet. I would be using these inside the house just to play with. I have a few Wyze cams i've been testing with and would like something with a little bit more crisp picture.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I see these are on sale again on slickdeals but I haven't seen any "real" reviews on these yet. I would be using these inside the house just to play with. I have a few Wyze cams i've been testing with and would like something with a little bit more crisp picture.
I have what's the same or a near equivalent Hikvision cam. Overall, they kind of suck by today's standards. But for indoor use just to play with @ <$30 each it's kind of hard to complain too much. Just don't expect a lot out of them. I posted an example in that same SD thread of how one that I still have in use looks outdoors at night with no other light. Pretty bad. So bad in fact that after posting that I'm going to pull it down and swap in a better cam this weekend. Weak IR with glare from within the dome makes for a washed out image in complete darkness. With supplemental light at night they're OK (for a 720 at least). Day they're OK. I've never run them indoors but I'd expect that the IR would light things up well enough to overcome issues that they'd be OK. Had a couple forever and never had any problems that I can think of with them otherwise. Haven't had the Wyze to do any direct comparison but I suppose they're as 'crisp' as any other 720 cam.

Edit to add image from last night with something in the frame. If it's in the center and close enough for the IR to light it up, then it can be kinda-sorta passable. Otherwise as you can see the glare is kind of bad. If made much brighter that all just blows out the image.

Last edited:

freshjs_23

n3wb
Reaction score
I have what's the same or a near equivalent Hikvision cam. Overall, they kind of suck by today's standards. But for indoor use just to play with @ <$30 each it's kind of hard to complain too much. Just don't expect a lot out of them. I posted an example in that same SD thread of how one that I still have in use looks outdoors at night with no other light. Pretty bad. So bad in fact that after posting that I'm going to pull it down and swap in a better cam this weekend. Weak IR with glare from within the dome makes for a washed out image in complete darkness. With supplemental light at night they're OK (for a 720 at least). Day they're OK. I've never run them indoors but I'd expect that the IR would light things up well enough to overcome issues that they'd be OK. Had a couple forever and never had any problems that I can think of with them otherwise. Haven't had the Wyze to do any direct comparison but I suppose they're as 'crisp' as any other 720 cam.

Edit to add image from last night with something in the frame. If it's in the center and close enough for the IR to light it up, then it can be kinda-sorta passable. Otherwise as you can see the glare is kind of bad. If made much brighter that all just blows out the image.

I appreciate the quick response and the pic. That is what I needed to see.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I appreciate the quick response and the pic. That is what I needed to see.
I should have said too that applies to pretty much to all similar lower-end dome cams in complete darkness in my experience just by design. First you have not real powerful or focused IR LEDs to begin with which are further reduced by having to get out of the dome to light anything up. Made worse by whatever dust and dirt collects on it. Then you have the IR typically arranged right next to and around the lens in a circle or half circle and usually not great isolation of the lens which results in spillover glare. Then the IR reflection from within the dome which causes more glare. A lot working against them.

Give them some supplemental light or indoors where distances are closer and there's more reflective surfaces that they can light up better and they can look OK. For what they are anyway.