Garbage Truck Catches On Fire

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Something with me and garbage trucks, this is my third garbage truck video I posted here within the last year.

Its hard to see the flames in the video but you can see the ashes coming down. Not sure why my Color4K-X all of the sudden gets all white after he uses the fire extinguisher.

Attachments

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Maybe it’s a hint. Start burning your garbage in the back yard. No more trucks stopping at your house! .. well maybe a fire truck or two!!

On a positive note.. at least your driver stops for your trash. Ours has skipped us two weeks in a row. Called the first time and they sent him back around the next day. I never got around to calling last week. Fingers crossed he actually stops tomorrow.

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but the first thing I would have done, before getting out of the truck, would have been to kill the ignition or at least disengage the PTO that runs the hydraulics. He didn't do that until after he sprayed enough CO2 to put out an airliner on fire. Watching the video it looks like he lost some of the flashing lights on the rear of the truck so it could very well have been an electrical problem. The cloud of smoke as he pulled away was the CO2 powder going airborne from the draft of the truck.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've seen garbage trucks dump their entire load of trash all over the street when something inside catches on fire.
That happened at one of our schools. A few of the companies have trucks that run on compressed natural gas. Driver said those tanks are right above the trash load. Better the pile burns in a parking lot than destroy the truck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk