gDMSS HD Lite: Launch Settings?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
All,

I want to give my wife a tablet to view cameras. I installed gDMSS HD Lite on her Android tablet. Now she has the ability to view the driveway while she's in the kitchen or her office.

However, I'd like to simplify it. I'd like gDMSS HD Lite to automatically launch Live views of the cameras. Right now, gDMSS HD Lite lauches with;
  • Live Preview (but no images)
  • Must click on the 4x4 screen for the "Device List" pop up window
  • Select camera-by-camera for each of the 4 tiles to view all 4 cam live video.

Q1: Is there a way to have gDMSS HD Lite launch into a fully populated live video view?
Q2: Maybe "switches" can be used in the app launch command line?

Thanks!
Fastb

Note: Maybe there's a better app than gDMSS HD Lite from Dahua?
Note2: My desire is to have my better half just click on an icon on her tablet, and see 4 camera live feeds.
Note3: When my wife is happy, I'm happy.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Q1. No
Q2. No

This used to annoy me too; but for a mobile devices I perfer the behavior.. never know what your network bandwidth is like and loading up streams automatically just makes it a longer process to close em all out sometimes.

Try this one if you just have to have streams auto-load: http://tinycammonitor.com/

Note1: there is another Dahua app, never used it.. CaliGirl likes it tho: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mm.android.easy4ip
Note2: Quit kidding your self, she's never going to use it even if you make it that easy
Note3: stop spending money on video cameras then :p

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Note: Maybe there's a better app than gDMSS HD Lite from Dahua?
Note2: My desire is to have my better half just click on an icon on her tablet, and see 4 camera live feeds.
I'm also in search for something more simple for an elderly user. One icon click to open all cameras would be perfect. Ever find a suitable solution?

nictopn

n3wb
Reaction score
tinycam pro, if only they made an ios version for my isheep

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you load the gDMSS Plus (for Android) app, under "Me", "General", there's a "Memory Play" switch. It says "When memory play is turned on, he video channel that was played last time will be automatically acquired". When you exit app with your selected cameras on display and then re-enter, the same cameras will display.