gDMSS "Login delay" ???

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am using gDMSS on a samsung smartphone and a samsung Tablet for 2 different devices, and this is working all fine except for a Dahua IPC-EBW81200 which gives a "login delay" on the smartphone only.

All settings are the same as on my tablet, port obviously port open , but ONLY on the sartphone I get this login delay issue ...

I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, use a different user name, remove and reinstall the device, reboot the camera, etc .... but no chance ...

Any clue what it could be ?

Many thanks !!

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What gDMSS Version do you use, what cam settings are you using?
Is it a private cam? Too many logins can cause these effects also.

Did you try to copy the device settings with device card from a working setting off the other gDMSS?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the reply.
I am using version 3.44.002

It is a private cam, setup through a DNS and an open port on my router .... and again it works fine on my Samsung tablet.
It is like my phone (device name) is registered somewhere and now blockec.
I have tried changing the IP adress of the phone as well, same issue.

I do not have too much logins ... I am not using the interface on PC, and I only have 1 NAS with surveillance station where this camera is defined on the Synology, that is it.

I do not get what you mean with copying device settings with device card ??

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have p2p or easy4ip in your webif and enabled? You can try to add a separate user and use this for your other device.
Did you have something in /network/ipfilter? Please delete everything there.

And again and again, never use port forwarding. Use vpn ! Switch of every external connections, close everything what is possible and try it with local ip on all devices. If it still is not possible with the same phone, it´s maybe a compatibility issue of your phone.

Maybe the high resolution is also a problem. 12mp is really much, how is your cam connected? Your stream configuration?

Why do you use the surveillance from nas? Better to deactivate it and test it with the minimum setup on the cam, starting at default settings. It´s not necessary, you can setup your nas in the cam webif as storadge. smartpss and gdmss can use it also.

I need much more information of your setup. Devices, Network details, ...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
P2P is not an option for the IPC-EBW81200 unless I do not see it ??
Easy4IP I think is a web site, I think I tested it a year ago but not using it ...

I have nothing in IP filter ... I was thinking this was device related but this is really strange.
It is working on my Samsung Tablet with gDMSS HD
It is working from a smartphone used by a Dahua Technician (who is looking at that now)
It is NOT working anymore on my main Samsung smartphone
it is NOT working on the samsung phone of my wife ...

All setup with <My domain>
port 92

... and the port is open on the router.

What could be different is that the phone of the technician is NOT on my lan ... my smartphone, wife's smartphone and tablet are connected through WIFI on my LAN but even in 4G this is also not ok.

I have tried disabling the camera on my NAS - not change.
ok do not use port forwarding, but how do I do then ?
The "VPN" is it a config on the camera itself ?

The gDMSS is using "Stream extra" which is defined on the camera as General, H.264B, resolution CIF (352*288), 1 FPS, CBR, bit rate customized, 40, 1, SVC 1(off)

I am really wondering what is wrong ???

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know what a VPN is ... but I do not see any VPN option in the camera config ??
I have also tried the DahuaDDNS but I get conenction failed.

I have open on my router ports 80, 80, 80 192.168.1.5 (my camera IP) and when I log in dahuaddns I see my device, can click on it (xxxx.dahuaddns.com) and it brings to my camera login page, but from gdmss it says connection failed.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Vpn is used on your router. Not on the cam. It's a general setup network wide used.
A Dahua technican? For sure , dahua has no direct customer support. Especially when bought from aliexpress. In all cases the reseller is responsible for support.
Easy4ip or p2p, it's the same. On some webif you fine p2p on others easy4ip. We know, that several Chinese modified versions exists, with enabled function, but no webif option to disable it.
Please say the device type of your phone. If you want you can send me a pn with a login for me, I will see what I can do. It sounds. all really strange.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nobody seems to believe I have contact with Dahua technician ;-)

... anyway this is not the discussion here ...

I have completele factory reset my router, re-defined the port forwarding.
I have reset the camera (by the wayn this is an IPC-EBW81200), but I found no way to factory reset it (the admin password, network settings etc were still present .... only few parameters were "defaulted"

... and still the same issue 'Login Delay"

my phone is a Smasung galaxy A5, tried with the A3 of my wife as well, same results (Both Android 6.0.1)
My Samsung tablet where it works is a Galaxy Tab S (Android 6.0.1 as well)

I a convinced the issue is with the camera itself .... it connect to the camera because if I enter a wrong login and PW, I get a wrong credentials message, that means gDMSS is able to enter the correct credentials.
Port forwarding is obviously working as well as I can access the camera using the DNS:port defined

It is a a pity this IPC-EBW81200 doesn't have P2P because I use this for my VTH2000 intercom and it is working fine like this ....

The VPN .... ok but I am not really ok to define a VPN for this here, will impact my complete network just for this issue ...

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok ... some additional news ... I have installed the same app as on my tablet, gDMSS HD, on my smartphone (it is normally designed for tablets but I was able to install it) ... and It works, I mean there I do not get the login delay and I can see the cam picture.

So still do not know why the gDMSS Plus on the smartphone is giving this login delay.

Last edited:

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok ... according me this is a gDMSS Plus issue ...
I have tested with gDMSS Plus on my tablet where gDMSS HD works ans it doest work with the plus version on the tablet.
I have tested with gDMSS HD on my smartphone where gDMSS Plus works ans it works with the HD version on the smartphone.

So I am sure this is not a network issue, nor a device issue ...

gDMSS Plus just doesn't work with an IPC-EBW81200 on an android 6.0.1 ...