gDMSS Plus app - cannot store state, cannot log in or Register

Mathius

n3wb
Reaction score
So.. I have a VTO2211G-WP, which is set up all working fine - but the Android app is really not working too well.

I have tried to register within the app, get to the step "Acquire Verification Code" - and the resulting email has no code in it at all. It just says:

Dear DMSS Customer:
Thank you for using our product. The account registration service will stop from now on. Please download the DMSS/DMSS HD to continue to experience the brand new service. Now we can’t wait to hear from you.
Ahh - I'm already in the app?

..So I went direct to the dahuasecurity.com website and registered there. However I don't think that's the right place, as that makes no difference to app logins - I get messages saying there is an error with the username/password, while suggesting a reset. But the reset option suggests "no such account". So yeah, frustrating.

Each time I open the app, I need to re-add the device and stream, which is merely annoying when you aren't in a hurry to check outside.

Had anyone else had this trouble?

Matt

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is where I struggled LOL. I had been using my old gDMSS and it wouldn't work properly and I was getting your same error.

Turns out there is just a DMSS made by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd. that I was ignoring thinking it was a knockoff.

All previous DMSS platforms were made by Dahua, so I was trying to go that route.

Once I went with this version of DMSS, things are rocking.

Mathius

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is where I struggled LOL. I had been using my old gDMSS and it wouldn't work properly and I was getting your same error.

Turns out there is just a DMSS made by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd. that I was ignoring thinking it was a knockoff.

All previous DMSS platforms were made by Dahua, so I was trying to go that route.

Once I went with this version of DMSS, things are rocking.
THANK YOU. That was a relief to find and follow your advice. It's quite odd that all the documentation still points to an app with a defunct service behind it.

I am using the VTO2MQTT Docker to automate from all the events that the VTO sends out, locking/unlocking doors and missed calls etc., all working well. I'm really happy now that the Android app is playing ball..!