gDMSS Plus "timout issue"

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 6 Dahua cameras installed and 5 is working flawlessly with gDMSS. I setup them exactly the same except different ip-adress and portnumbers. This last camera i installed gets timeout in gDMSS. Cant connect to it. The strange thing i can connect to both main and substream in smartPSS that is on a computer on same subnet/lan. Whats the difference ? If i can connect with smartPSS why not gDMSS.. (My phone is on wifi on same lan).

Also all my other cameras work in gDMSS, only last one wont. I Have checked settings 10 times.. Cant find an error. Only thing i have not tried is to change different portnumbers. Will try that later.
Also i changed the host name on it after setup. Mayby that made somthing go funky ? Mayby router is blocking somehow but then smartPSS would not work ?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nvm i got it working.. I changed the IP and Port two steps and now its working. No idea why it didnt work before. There was no IP conflict that i could see. Mayby this thread can help someone else. It was a headscratcher..

I think its was my Unifi accesspoint that did this. I remember now that it does not like when devices change hostnames.

Last edited: