General security - windows

BigFoot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all

Whilst we're all concerned with CCTV systems for security, does any one have any experience or can offer any recommendations in regards to window security in the form of window security film

I am really interested in boosting 'physical' security by making the windows a harder place to gain entry, should CCTV not be sufficient

Our home only has one usable doorway and that is secured by 2 doors (external porch & internal main door). Both these feature 7 level door locks into reinforced hardwood frames; hence the next easiest entry would be the windows

Whilst they are double glazed, security film would seem to offer a significant boost to toughness & resistance

Thank you in advance for any replies

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
from my own research:

3M has some various films; they usually strongly recommends that these are installed by a certified installer.

Note these usually need to be attached into frame to be effective.

I have not installed them myself or anything so I can only share with you what I have read.

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These are not for windows but for doors, most people that are going to break into your house ring the door bell to see if your home,if no answer they move around back to look around then break in from the back of your house if they want in they will get in. You can add security to make it harder nothing will stop someone unless you have a 45 waiting at the door.

Defender Security U 10827 Door Reinforcement Lock – Add Extra, High Security to your Home and Prevent Unauthorized Entry – 3” Stop, Aluminum Construction (Satin Nickel Anodized Finish) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D2K367Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_ir0aCb9Q2001S

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.