Generic Chinese 20x PTZ IP Cam Substream

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to get a substream working in BI from a generic Chinese ebay 20x PTZ? BI detects the cam as IPC/Cantonk and they work fine with that but only use the main stream. If I manually configure them as generic/onvif, I can get BI to use the substream but none of the PTZ functions work. I'd like to get BI to use the substream and also be able to control PTZ functions.

Yes, I know these cheap 20x PTZ IP POE cams are junk. But they are cheap and work fine for what I am doing with them.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of the Network IP camera configuration page for that cam, and help may be afforded you.

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here's a SS of the current config. No issues with PTZ on this setup, but I can't get it to recognize and use the substream with this setup using many different substream strings.

ptz ss.png

If I use the config in the screenshot below, it uses the substream as it should but the PTZ functions do not work:

ptz substream info.png

Last edited:

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just guessing, try putting /0 in Main when using Cantonk and see if that works, if it does, try /1 on the sub-stream...

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Like below?:

ptz substream1.png

The video works with PTZ but still flows main stream under the sub stream section:

stats.png

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
what about /1 for Main and /2 for sub-stream

OICU2

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If you get ONVIF manager this will show you the stream.
I have that stream but its for RTSP and the PTZ functions do not work with it when I use them in the substream section of BI.

Those streams are in the second photo of the third post in this thread.

Last edited: